Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wishing Happy Holidays to all DML'ers.
Posting some shots from a few this past year's rides.
Purchased a very cherry '02 750 Dark last Jan. Came with wheels and pipes; I added the seat, flyscreen and very trusty Marsee Pocket Rocket.
Have owned several bikes over the years but none has had this influence. ;D

As much as I love this bike, I'm thinking about which 'next' machine will be the one to take me way away from my local San Gabriel haunts...
Have looked at several, but no deals came thru...
Until then, the Monster and I will continue to RIDE!!!!!!! [clap]

Ride SAFE!

SJ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ducatijoe8:
thanks for the comments!

The previous owner oh-so-splendidly installed the wheels and pipes then proceded to pretty much let the bike sit unridden. My gain! LOVE the sound of this bike; is a 750 that sounds like a "5000." [clap]
Red rims are sexy, whether parked out on the street in 'profile' mode or in that low evening light. [laugh]

Is that a Red Stripe on your tank? Love that look.
Painted or otherwise?
Looking to do something similar...something Matte Red, in keeping with the 'Dark' motif.

Happy Holidays, backatcha!

SJ

·
Registered
665 Posts
Who makes that exhaust?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Can't go wrong with a "Pocket rocket" >:D

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice comments, dudes! 8) 8)

The exhaust is Termignoni; peeled the stickers off not too long after the purchase. I believe this system was a DP upgrade that the original owner had installed when he bought the bike. Doesn't have a different airbox cover (that I can see) but does have a performance chip. Looks oh-so-sporty. Sounds TREMENDOUSLY SHAPELY and just plain OVERTLY SEXUAL... >:D

Yeah...Marsee has sold A LOT of those "Pocket Rockets." [laugh]
All Ducati guys should have a trusty "Pocket Rocket, er Rocket Pocket, er..."
Liked this one so much that I bought a bigger one that matches. [cheeky]

Happy Monstering! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
seriousjimmy said:
ducatijoe8:
thanks for the comments!

The previous owner oh-so-splendidly installed the wheels and pipes then proceded to pretty much let the bike sit unridden. My gain! LOVE the sound of this bike; is a 750 that sounds like a "5000." [clap]
Red rims are sexy, whether parked out on the street in 'profile' mode or in that low evening light. [laugh]

Is that a Red Stripe on your tank? Love that look.
Painted or otherwise?
Looking to do something similar...something Matte Red, in keeping with the 'Dark' motif.

Happy Holidays, backatcha!

SJ
Hey SJ. The stripe is two pieces of tape that match the color of the rim stripe (they are tape too). Have had them on for two years and seem pretty durable. Want to also make my tank decals red to match. Trying to figure out how best to go about that. Was thinking masking off the area around the decal and spray it. Hey it's fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts