Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a set of the A* track pants in a 52. And I'm thinking I might be a 'difficult' fit.

As I expected the waist might be a tad big, a bit of a gap forms at the back when I sit. I wear a 34 in normal pants, so based on your tables I thought the next size down might be too small in the waist. But the waist really isn't the issue.

The thigh fit is. The thighs are painted on me. Not snug, but like leather spandex without any room to spare. As a result I can't really get my legs much farther apart than the width of my tank + a hands width. And at that point things seems to be as stretched as they are going to get. it also seems that the pants try to creep down, since when I sit on the bike or spread my legs, the crotch of the pants really pulls away from my body - a good couple inches.

I've just sat on the bike in the pants, but it doesn't seem like they would work out.

So, what to do? The waist is right, if not a little big - but is seems that the thighs won't ever be loose enough. I know they are supposed to be close fitting - but even if they stretch some, I think they are still going to have the painted on effect and restrict movement.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Butter. Lots of butter on the thighs.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figured out that my calves are big by euro standards too. The pants have a claf let-out panel. Openeing that up helped me get the pant up to the right height at least... But now it looks like I need a 'tall' size since they now a couple inches above the ankle...

Still tighty tight on the thighs though...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do you play soccer, run or something?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was a loose forward in Rugby for number of years. Not as beefy now, but not a tiny boy either. Doesn't help that euro stuff run small.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Leathers will loosen up a bit, so you want to buy tight, but not too tight.

If I were you, I'd find a leather alterations place or customs leather shop.

If you know any racers or have a local race scene, ask around there, they can give you reccomendations for an alterations shop. That's usually pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toolfan said:
Leathers will loosen up a bit, so you want to buy tight, but not too tight.

If I were you, I'd find a leather alterations place or customs leather shop.

If you know any racers or have a local race scene, ask around there, they can give you reccomendations for an alterations shop. That's usually pretty cheap.
Yeah a AMA racer works at a local shop. Someone I know at the shop is going to ask for shop info.

Still think I need a tall size regardless...

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
yuu said:
Yeah a AMA racer works at a local shop. Someone I know at the shop is going to ask for shop info.

Still think I need a tall size regardless...
Maybe not - if "a couple of inches above your ankle" means 2" above your ankle when seated on the bike, I'd say you are fine. You'll have a boot that covers that.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toolfan said:
Maybe not - if "a couple of inches above your ankle" means 2" above your ankle when seated on the bike, I'd say you are fine. You'll have a boot that covers that.
That's exacly what it means. when seated, the cuff is 2" aboe the midpoint of my ankle bone..

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
That's probably fine then -

In fact, you are probably good to have the waist taken in on those pants and good to go.

When I bought my pants I went a size up from "painted on," and now I kind wish I would have gotten "painted on" because they have loosened up a lot.

Wear them around the house 15-20 minutes at a time for a bunch of times, then take them on a street ride before you hit the track and I'll bet they've loosened up to just about right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts