Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been dealing with a poorly runnning monster the past few months. I have been trying to get a correct A/F ratio, but everything I did seemed to help just a little. Finally I realized that the emulsion tubes (needle jets) havn't been replaced in 20k miles (lifespan of the bike so far). Doh!. So I got right on to Chris's website and ordered 2 of those suckers. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. Finally I saw the package in the mail, ran out to get it and opened it right up. Took out the needle jets and noticed that one of them was damaged (probably by mail). So I called up Chris and cried to him. He said no problem and shipped me out a brand new on the next day. No questions asked, no pictures wanted, no investigation of the mail service required.

I dont care what anybody says, Chris is and monster owner's savior.

Thanks Chris!

Check him out if you live under a rock - http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Maybe he treated you special because of all the excessive crying you did. He might have felt bad when he heard a grown man cry and squeal [laugh] [laugh]

Just kidding.

But, so? Did it work? Where's the rest of the story? You can't just start something and then just decide to stop!!!!! (hm, sounds like something my girlfriend is really good at)

Tom

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thumper said:
Maybe he treated you special because of all the excessive crying you did. He might have felt bad when he heard a grown man cry and squeal [laugh] [laugh]

Just kidding.

But, so? Did it work? Where's the rest of the story? You can't just start something and then just decide to stop!!!!! (hm, sounds like something my girlfriend is really good at)

Tom
Well, at the time I couldn't give you more... I had yet to install the new needle jets. But I just got done working on it, and good lord.... I never new it SHOULD run like this. I had to raise the needles one notch as I initially got a hesitation before throttle response, but now it is SO quick to respond and I have way more pull throughout RPMs. The bike also runs very smoothly at cruising speed... no surging anymore. It also seems to start much easier, but I havn't tried a true cold start yet. I checked the plugs and have seen then a nice tan for the first time. Hopefully I wont have to replace them once a month now. ::) And I assume I should get a nice increase in MPG as well.

Here's the setup for anyone interested:

1998 M900 (carby, obviously)
DP Remus Pipes
Pod filters
#155 main jets
#42.5 pilots
needles at #2 (from top) position

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.