Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VA has th Rhodeside spot ,the Md DML contingent has none.
I was pondering this yesterday while waiting for a friend at Speeds.
Does such a place exist that has Buffalo wings and mozzerella sticks?
If so let it be known.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I can come up with six or seven in Baltimore. Several with parking. A few who would reserve parking just for us.

Speed does Wednesday evening rides to a local spot during the riding season. It's a different place each Wednesday.

I go to a cool little dive called City Limits out on Locus Point on Monday nights. Occassionally we switch that up and go to Little Havana down the street. I'm allways in the cage for this as we take the new Ducati fan (10months).

We're going tomorrow at 7:30. PM if you want directions.

Chris

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
XiaoNio said:
Places in Baltimore? Where? I'd like to know.
What in particular are you looking for?

Beer and wings?

Small plate and culture?

Our favorite bars: Little Havana, City Limits (because we know them, not because it's great), Thirsty Dog, Kislings (wings),

Favorite restaurants: Bicycle, Pazo, Wine Market, Roys, Kiku (sushi).

·
Registered
817 Posts
Statler said:
What in particular are you looking for?

Beer and wings?

Small plate and culture?

Our favorite bars: Little Havana, City Limits (because we know them, not because it's great), Thirsty Dog, Kislings (wings),

Favorite restaurants: Bicycle, Pazo, Wine Market, Roys, Kiku (sushi).

I like Little Havana, good Mojitos and you can get in w/o too much city traffic!

Pazo seems the farthest thing from a biker bar that I can think of. It is also $$$ and slightly overrated.

I want to try the Bicycle. I hear great things.

p.s. I like Beer and wings

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
All my favorite bars are in Fells Point. Not excactly the place i'd want to leave a M/C really.

There's are really cool place near me (halfway between DC and Balto) called Gina's Cantina. Here's a small review (scroll down). Very bike friendly parking.

http://www.whatsupmag.com/mar06/restaurant.shtml

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Now we're getting somewhere. [thumbsup]

Gina's Cantina, Kislings, and City Limits looks interesting. [clap]

I've parked the bike in Fells Point on the sidewalk across from the Admirals Cup. A bunch of bikes park there so it seems alright. I wouldn't leave it far from the harbor however.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
With a little heads up I can get Little Havana to either cone off some of their parking or let us use the big corner sidewalk space out front.

For City Limits I'm sure Mark will park two cars out front and move them when bikes arrive.

Have to be in the snobby mood for Pazo, but I tell you if you call ahead and then walk in like they owe you something the service is great. We now call the host directly for reservations and haven't been let down. They said they'd work with me on motorcycle parking in front by their valet, but only after much haggling and me telling them it was a bunch of snobby Italian bikes. Maybe not worth the effort for a crowd if not that many people are into it.

Bicycle changed owners not too long ago but the menu and service has stayed excellent. Not abike place really as I'd feal underdressed.

Wine Market has happy hours with great appetizer specials. I go alot and we rode there with Speed one Wednesday. Maybe 10 people on 6 bikes or so? PLenty of safe parking in the big lot that has a Merritt Gym in it.

I'll be at Little H tonight at 7:20 but am going by cage. I'll wear a Duc hat just in case anyone happens to show. I met a guy on a 620 there a while back and told him about the site but haven't seen or heard anything.

Next week is City Limits at 5:30 or 6 or so on Monday night. I'll post details closer to then. Good bar food and a bunch of tvs. I'll talk to Mark about races during motogp season.

Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK guys this is startingto sound great, wish I could get out tonight however it is kind of
hectic around here.
I rode right past Gina's on Saturday ,didn't realize they had taco's and 1/2 pound burgers,
what more could you want?Perhaps next week sometime, my wife doesn't let me out much.
there is also the DC show this weekend and the Baltimore and Timonium shows so there
are quite a few events going on in the next few weeks. I will definitely be looking forward to
meeting you guys, talk to you later.
Lars

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Theres Hank Dietle's on Rockville Pike. Or could line up in front of Caddies on Cordell in Bethesda....theres usually a few Hardleys out front on the weekend. Would be cool to surround the Hardleys with Greatness!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, if your into beer and wings, there are always Hooter's around.

There is one up here is Towson on Joppa Rd, thats a nice place.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Looks like we can come up with 3-4 places to keep a rotating schedule per month. If they're spread out enough some of us can make at least 1-2 GTGs per month to the 1 or 2 places that are the most convienent.

Little Havana's
Gina's Cantina
Hooters in Towson
Hank Dietle's
Caddies
City Lights
Wine Market

Another one for rockville area i'd like to throw out is Champion Billiards.

Why dont we just update this list and start an offical GTG night starting the first week in February?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
To clarify... I've never had anything but a bad time at City Lights, the bar/restaurant in the pavilion downtown (if it's even still there).

I'm talking about City Limits... a true dive bar in Locus Point. [thumbsup]

and it may only be cool when my buddy Mark is there. I know he's there Mondays but I'll get a schedule too. And see what specials he can do for us.

He's in the Keys now, but when he's back I'll arrange something.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
What about Pickles Pub near Camden Yards? Anyone ever been?
Couple times... usually before an Orioles game. Nice joint but parking is an issue. Not even street parking in the area easily. We've gone only when we park in the garage we use for work and hike. Four parking garages in the area but all are $ for local hotels and games.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm in [thumbsup]

·
Registered
386 Posts
A couple of other good places in SoBo/Fed Hill:

1. Hogan's Alley - on Fort Ave., great burgers and crab cakes, super cheap, and very local

2. Fort Charles Pub - corner of Fort Ave. and - you guessed it - Charles St., good, cheap food, great specials, interesting patrons

3. Captain Larry's - another in the Little Havana empire, great fish tacos, but cash only

4. SoBo Cafe - awesome comfort food, but small and very little parking in the area

1 - 20 of 35 Posts