Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No chance of going for a ride today as it almost has not stopped raining. I spent a little time with my girls and took a couple of snaps while I was at it.

Thought you may enjoy.

This is Daisy:

And this is Lucy:

And here they are together. Aren't they sweet. ;D

Cheers
Palooka

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah tis a wee bit wet in the sunshine state today, we need it.
Love your bikes [thumbsup]
My S2R1K is a bit lonely and a nice 1098 would sure fix it.
Not sure how I'd get that one pass the wife though. [laugh]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could always do what I did to get Lucy. A year of solid whinning and thw wife almost begged me t get her!

It will, however, take commitment of your part, but for a ten-nine-eight it would be worth it ;-)

·
Registered
318 Posts
But that's how I got the S2R1K mate. Constant lusting, whinning, etc. [laugh]
In the end she said just get it so I don't hear about it all day.
Don't think she'd fall for that again.
Now she sees me attempting a decision on pipes, takes ages. She'll be begging me to order
the Arrows or whatever soon.
Don't honestly know where I'd ride a 1098 up here. No decent tracks, although I know they are trying to re-open Lakeside again.
Probably should stop dreaming of it. But I have to confess I have been dreaming about it. ;D

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Interesting conundrum!

Only got my S2R this month and already have made the "essential" changes (pipe and 14T front sprocket). Was looking also looking at "bar end mirrors" and Power Commander but She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) is finding it exceedingly difficult to understand why I need to make changes to a new bike.

Oh, by the way I also have an SV650S to keep the Duc company - aren't bikes herd animals?

I was just thinking, seeing SWMBO has 3 horses, doesn't that entitle me to 3 bikes? Maybe a 1098 could be the "lead of the pack"?

G

·
mdoerfling said:
(SWMBO) is finding it exceedingly difficult to understand why I need to make changes to a new bike.
I am sure this is something a lot of us have to overcome. I know I had to ;D

btw Palooka, nice stable - they look awesome and I am very jealous. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend of mine got the go ahead from his missus on a new bike when he said he'd sell his monster to fund the purchase. Thats how she knew how much he wanted it. A year down the track and he still hasnt gotten around to selling the monster. Somewhere in the last year having the monster has become a necessity for commuting and pillion duties as well as a "cheap" form of transport due to rising petrol prices.

The question on new bikes pretty much comes down to what you are willing to do for it. And if you are dreaming about the thing, cut to the quick and come up with a plan on how you are going to make it a reality!

Thanks Goldie, I reckon they make a nice pair. My goal for '07 is to add a chook-chaser to the stable!

Cheers
Palooka

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
goldFiSh said:
yeah but desmoQ's twin daisy growls, not purs >:D arrow power!
[laugh] [laugh] You've never heard the clutch ;D In fact, you've never heard the bike ;D Ivan can probably tell you about the growl between 7k-9k. Enough to give you a headache, even with stock pipes.

Oh, and a full system is on the list...just lower on the list than getting the SS ready for track duty in Feb and Mar [thumbsup]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, Nitrox , the baffles are removeable. They kinda need to be here in Brisbane as the cops are a little twitchy about it. I ride with them out most of the time but have had occasion to put them back in.

In any case, at idle it is the clutch that makes the most noise. Heres the reason why [cheeky]

Cheers
Palooka

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.