Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'know, when I got my 695 I thought "well, this is good, it's kind of self limiting because I'm too short to manage any of those bigger bikes, so I'll just stick with this one for probably several years if not forever".......... Yep. So I was just kind of wandering around Speeds the other day waiting to ask about something and there was this S4R in there.... titanium or Senna tank (not sure what it's called)........ and I said "hey, do you mind if I sit on this carefully" and they said "no". So I sat on it....... and my feet hit the floor, squarely.... and I could stand it up.... and I was solid on it...... .and something changed inside of me............ CRAP.

I fear that I am now condemned to a life of progression through the ranks of the Monsters.

My wallet squealed. Again. (It knew the Termis were coming this week).

Is there a cure?

Murph

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I had a similar experience. My 620 is my first real bike. (I don't really count the old Royal Enfield as a real bike, but some may argue.) I felt uncomfortable on the S2R. The seat is a bit higher, not much, but enough to make a new rider think twice. Now, 6 months later, having sat on the S2R again, it feels pretty good. The bike hasn't changed, just my outlook.

Don't worry - embrace the madness - don't try to fight it!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
rugbymurf said:
Y'know, when I got my 695 I thought "well, this is good, it's kind of self limiting because I'm too short to manage any of those bigger bikes, so I'll just stick with this one for probably several years if not forever".......... Yep. So I was just kind of wandering around Speeds the other day waiting to ask about something and there was this S4R in there.... titanium or Senna tank (not sure what it's called)........ and I said "hey, do you mind if I sit on this carefully" and they said "no". So I sat on it....... and my feet hit the floor, squarely.... and I could stand it up.... and I was solid on it...... .and something changed inside of me............ CRAP.

I fear that I am now condemned to a life of progression through the ranks of the Monsters.

My wallet squealed. Again. (It knew the Termis were coming this week).

Is there a cure?

Murph
Sure there's a cure... you buy it. Come up to the boat lift help party on the 29th (in other thead) to see an s4rs with Termis on it.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to come to the boat lift, but in one of my other lives I'm a "hasher" (in case you don't know what that is, the only drug involved is beer), and I'm haring (the one who lays the flour trail from one beer location to another) that day. So I won't be available. If you can use help the day before, I could probably do that though. I have no idea what one does at a boat lift. If it requires everyone to be there simultaneously to lift a boat on the 29th, then I'm already committed.

If you are a monster hooligan, you'd probably like hashing.

Murph

·
Registered
124 Posts
rugbymurf said:
I'd love to come to the boat lift, but in one of my other lives I'm a "hasher" (in case you don't know what that is, the only drug involved is beer), and I'm haring (the one who lays the flour trail from one beer location to another) that day. So I won't be available. If you can use help the day before, I could probably do that though. I have no idea what one does at a boat lift. If it requires everyone to be there simultaneously to lift a boat on the 29th, then I'm already committed.

If you are a monster hooligan, you'd probably like hashing.

Murph
You aren't the only one. Yuu is one as well (and I've been on the fence about it trying to get off my ass). My uncle does it as well (but, that's in Ohio).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
You aren't the only one. Yuu is one as well (and I've been on the fence about it trying to get off I disagree). My uncle does it as well (but, that's in Ohio).
My lawyer advises me to deny particiating in anything that resembles drinking in public, trespassing, lewd acts, speeding and or displays of aggressive acceleration.

I have never been a hasher nor ridden a motorcycle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts