Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the kickstand bypass and a 14-tooth front sprocket...

Anyway wanna volunteer to help me with the 14-tooth sometime in March? ;D

Actually, changing it won't be the problem, the problem is I don't have the tools to adjust the chain after I change it.

What other mods have you guys done this winter?

·
Registered
915 Posts
What tool(s) do you need to adjust to the chain? You might be able to use my tools/garage if you want one day. If so, just keep in mind I'm useless for tech assist...I'll stand in the corner and point laugh at you though.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What tools? all you need is a couple wenches to adjust the chain on a 750. A biggun for the Axle nuts and a 12mm for the adjusters. Simple simple... But you might want to volunteer your bike as the demo for that - if we can put together the tech days at colemans...

Winter for me so far.. let's see
1/2 tail chop
Fab'd some flush mount signals for said chop
Drilled out a fantastically frozen headlight bolt, and replaced
Billet quick fill gas cap
Cut down clip on bars by 3/4"
New pressure plate
New bar end mirrors - that won't ****in flop over at 60...
Copious polishing of my rear hugger.. in the vain hope it'd get to look better...
new front hugger
Various electrical fiddlings for LED signals
Cleaning and fussing over various fluids etc...

Fender eliminated a friends bike

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, yuu've been busy. ;D

Actually, if we have a tech day at coleman's, I'd volunteer my bike for the 14-tooth in a second. Heck, I'd put mine in for a tail chop as well if they needed a bike for that.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I am guilty. Here are my sins.

Forks sprung and re-valved, Mark Sutton Ducshop.
Penske, rear shock double clicker.
Nissin master radial brake cyl.
HC pistons and balance lower, Donnie.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Bug said:
I am guilty. Here are my sins.
HC pistons and balance lower, Donnie.
oooh.. nicey.

David, look up the thread Cookie sarted abotuthe tech day and drop a note in there. The more interest she can point out to the powers, the better chance it'll happen

·
Registered
928 Posts
Greerzilla said:
Anyway wanna volunteer to help me with the 14-tooth sometime in March? ;D

Actually, changing it won't be the problem, the problem is I don't have the tools to adjust the chain after I change it.

What other mods have you guys done this winter?
I keep my bikes in Herndon and have the tools and as Yuu said this is easy, easy. If you want to do this and want help weekends or some night would work.

Mods this winter:
M900 - Not too much. Polished the pipes and got it right finally! Had the mirrors repainted. Added some trim paint to air scoops and belly pan, painted some screens and put them in the openings. Results are here http://www.mad-ducati.com/GalleryShowTN.php?GalleryId=394 first 4-5 pictures.
MODS to the S2R1000 are documented here http://www.mad-ducati.com/GalleryShowTN.php?GalleryId=360 I have also added CF heel guards and have not yet posted pictures of that. Next mod is to pull the exhaust and polish it like I did the 900.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts