Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Secretary of State today to get my plate. Decided on DE5M0 for those of you who helped with the suggestions. Thanks. Anyway, it ended up costing me $370 bucks to get her on the road. Ouch :'( The fun part was when I handed the title to the lady over the counter and she said "Ducati? What kind of bike is that? Who makes it?" I said Ducati is the maker. She still looked confused so I told her it was an Italian maker. Then she gave me this long "ooohhh" with little head bobble. I could tell by the way she said it and her expression that her thoughts went directly to every Italian stereotype there is. Then this young guy standing in line behind me spoke up and said "Ducati is only 'like' the top of the line motorcycle. It was great. I can tell I'm going to enjoy owning a Ducati if not for that reason alone. :)

G

·
That's funny. It's amazing how the average Joe (or Jane in this case) hasn't the slightest idea about motorcycles. Besides H-D I guess.

It was amazing to me to have to take 10 minutes to describe what road racing is to people

"Oh, so you do dirt biking?"

"No... on pavement"

"Oh cool, like NASCAR"

"Well no, it's a road-course...it's not an oval"

---blank look---

arrrgh! lol

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Chocolate and flowers?

Foreplay?

At least a peck on the cheek?

::)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Freaking thieves!!!
NYS doesnt even know what a Ducati is, My registration and Insurance card say DUCAT
It's just an NY State of mind or anyone else has it?

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
If I remember correctly here in OR it's a DUCA!

Don't even get the T ???

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I feel like comment on DMV's but I don't even want to get started. I could probably write a novel. Anyway, end of the story would be I got my tag.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$370! That highway robbery!
Reg Fee: $53.00
Title Fee: $30.00
Tax: $264.00 (This was the first time I had plates put on it)

Total: $347.00

The other $23.00 was to renew the tags on my "other" bike

When I came home and told my wife I got a custom plate she got this real worried look on her face. I couldn't not take advantage of the situation so I told her I had gotten "Duck Off". She about had a heart attack. It was pretty funny. ;D Eventually I had to tell her the truth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts