181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
DuCaTiNi said:
hi erin :)
another CT girl!!!!
woooohoooo!!!!

i'm up in the litchfield hills, great riding up here.
i'd like to do a ride out to the catskills this summer,
keep in touch!

melissa
Absolutely! we actually have a few routes we ride through Bantam, i hear ya, it's beautiful. i'll let you know!

erin

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I ride a S4Rs, anyone in the Central or Western MD area? Lord, finding anyone to ride with is tough. All my MC friends, including the hubby ride low and slow cruisers. I ride aggressively, but within limits as I can't afford to lose my license. No wheelies, burnouts, etc. Just "spirited" riding. PM me if you are nearby!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Must ask, what is wrong with stock pipes ?

Nothing! But....the low ones can scrape, getting ones that aren't plugged up will put a hOOt in the zOOm, and gawd, the sound of an L-twin uncorked makes me weak in the knees. O.K., maybe that last one's a little overstated...

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hello all!

SF here and just brought home a 2005 s2r 800 red/white named Francesca. Just finished up getting familiar with the city on my Ninja 250 and couldn't wait to get a Ducati. I'm in love.

I'm so glad to have found this board and hope that I'll find a few riding buddies to show me the roads outside of our 49^2 mi grid.

The only problem is I have one month to enjoy my baby before season ending shoulder surgery. This is the best way to go out and at least I know what I get to look forward to next year!

I'm so glad to be part of the "family".

See you out there,

erin

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
This is great!! a ladies forum! Hi everyone. My name is Beth, i am the president of the Pennsylvania Chic Riders club. We encourage all women to ride but don't exclude any of our current guys. I live in South Eastern PA and just bought my first Monster. s2r 1k

Unfortunately i had some mechanical issues at highway speeds on my first ride down in Daytona this year.. but other than that i'm getting used to it and will enjoy the cornering ability. I wrecked my beautiful Triumph Daytona 675 last summer, so i'm just getting back on 2. I've been riding 2 years now and i know i plan on riding as long as i am able :)

I hope to ride up to CT when i visit my family this year, so i hope to meet up with some of you north east ladies :)

Our club also has girls in every state here in the north east.. so, if any of you ladies would like to try and join us on some rides or events please check out your local chapter on www.chicriders.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
My monster was delivered yesterday! Glad I went with the 04 instead of the 696. I don't have to wait to ride, it came with Termis and bar risers, and cost thousands less. And I can't believe how clean it is. One thing that will take a little getting used to, I think the 800 is a lot torquier than my old '97 750.
Susan

·
Registered
141 Posts
Neenja Mastah said:
I guarantee mines worse.
Bit of a belated comment here - but I started on a Ninja too :)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hello, I'm in Seattle and just rode my '08 695 home in the rain this evening. It was the last one in the area.

I've been riding just over three years year-round in the PNW. I'm actually fairly tall. My first bike was a '97 BMW F650ST which I farkled to death, and also have a F800ST. Decided to consign the F650 as it really prefers regular use and was too much like the F800.

Got back from a seven-day motorcyling vacation on a W650 and decided I wanted a naked bike to hooligan in the mountains with. Monsters are very popular here and sellers universally refused the hassle of a pre-purchase inspection, so when I factored out 12k-level servicing and factored in the F650, it started to make sense to go new. [laugh]

Just put a picture of my baby over in the General forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I started riding a Duc 4 weeks ago and I can't seem to get off of it..........sold my car [thumbsup]

Nice to see that there's a lot of female Duc'ers. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm Alicia and my bf pointed me in the direction of the DML I think to ease my worries about learning to ride this summer. I am going to be starting out on a 1985 Nighthawk, I believe, in a couple of weeks. I wanted to wait until finals exams are over so I can really focus on riding. Letting your mind wander seems like a bad idea for a beginner. Anyway, If I like it after getting down the basics (serious basics: how to turn it on, how to put up the kickstand) then I'm going to take a MSF course in June. Please forgive me if I don't use the right lingo, I really am attempting to learn it. ;)

I'll likely lurk until I figure things out more but I wanted to say hello.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Kyna said:
Hi, I'm Alicia and my bf pointed me in the direction of the DML I think to ease my worries about learning to ride this summer. I am going to be starting out on a 1985 Nighthawk, I believe, in a couple of weeks. I wanted to wait until finals exams are over so I can really focus on riding. Letting your mind wander seems like a bad idea for a beginner. Anyway, If I like it after getting down the basics (serious basics: how to turn it on, how to put up the kickstand) then I'm going to take a MSF course in June. Please forgive me if I don't use the right lingo, I really am attempting to learn it. ;)

Hi Alicia. Welcome! This is a great board for lady riders. [clap]

One piece of advice for you: I would take MSF first. They teach you everything. Including how to turn the thing on and mount it. :) I've found in my experience that bf/friend riders aren't as good of teachers because they forget what it is like to just start learning and neglect to tell you something essential that they just take for granted. This doesn't apply to everyone (some guys are great teachers) but the instructors at MSF are certified and experienced with beginners and they know exactly what to tell you. Just my two cents. 8)

Good luck with your riding!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kyna said:

Hi Alicia!

I wanted to echo Sachica's $.02 (does that make it $.04? [laugh]), and also highly reccommend taking the MSF course first. I also tried to learn in a parking lot from my very well intentioned then husband before taking the class, and I didn't get very far. Don't worry, our divorce had nothing to do with that experience ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Make the $.06. MSF is the way to go. They assume you know nothing, so they tell you EVERYTHING (and then watch to see if you remembered - thanks Dave!). Stuff comes so natural after riding, that you forgot you had to learn it, so we neglect to tell others when they're learning. Good luck with the course - I enjoyed taking it just for the fun of it!!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I'll add in my $.25 cents....don't learn from a relative, take the MSF course first. Relatives have a way of saying "you'll be ok" on the street, even though you've only been back and forth on your driveway! How do I know this??? I see it on our range every weekend!! I can't tell you how many gals come on and say, "well, my husband told me what to do, or my boyfriend said I was fine". Uhh, huhhhh - that's why you don't know where the throttle is??? ;)

Anyway, listen to the other gals here....MSF first, then show off your skills (that will probably be better than his) to your boyfriend once you pass. ;D

·
Registered
141 Posts
mcgalinmd said:
Anyway, listen to the other gals here....MSF first, then show off your skills (that will probably be better than his) to your boyfriend once you pass. ;D
Absolutely! The ex was amazed that I could actually do a small, slow turn. He had no idea how to do it. He also didn't know to use both breaks! Amazing, I know, but he taught himself. He's an excellent rider, but at the time it had nothing to do with being able to teach it.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to introduce myself. I have been reading on this forum for quite some time. I had a multistrada that I just traded in for a 696. I have only had it for 2 weeks, but I love it. (Now I feel like I belong on this forum). The multi was great, but the monsters have always excited me much more. I like the flash! I am a CT rider. I live in northwest CT. I see that there are a few other CT riders. Maybe we can hook up for a ride some time.
I enjoy this forum. It is great to have women's perspective riding!

Brenda

PS
I also ride a 2007 Harley Sportster 1200. Both are fun, but in very different ways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vishnu, I live in the Netherlands.
I've been lurking in the DML for a while, founds lots of useful info here which helped me decide on getting my first bike.
I'm a short girl (I tell people I'm 5 feet, but that's kind of a lie :) ) and for a while I was afraid that a monster couldn't be lowered enough to fit my height, until luckily I found this board. I learned to ride on a Kawasaki Eliminator, had a very cool driving instructor. (here it's pretty much mandatory to take a course at a driving school before obtaining your license) But anyways... I have my license since January this year and have been riding a 695 since the end of April. (dogbone, adjusted suspension and scraped out the saddle myself). Still can't flat-foot though (couldn't flat-foot the Kawa EL either), but I seem to be getting by okay with only one half of one foot on the ground :) I do a lot of commuting to work on my bike, highway mostly, and am in general a very happy girl.

Cheers from Holland

181 - 200 of 202 Posts