Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is such a huge honor!!! I would like everyone to Welcome Bob Stefano to our board! He is the owner,creator, and basically awesome guy of ACME Rocket Bike. Bob's bike was at Laguna Seca this past summer, was featureed in Moto Euro and City Bike. Bob....... Welcome!!! You Rock!!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Just for those who haven't seen it, and well, h&ll, even if you have, it's still gorgeous:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not Bob...... that is his Dad! Looks as though I have just talked Bob into having his bike at Joe's booth this coming weekend! Look for it at the Motostrano booth ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow , that is very fun. I just stumbled upon your site tonight, as I noticed some refferalls to my website fom this site , so I worked back to here, and then find Allycat Online- my god , the synchronicity of it all ! Check out the Ducati custom I built at www.acmerocketbike.com . I am a certified Gearhead , luvin the Italian breeds and many more. I have owned 2 Monsters and for sure the Monster concept was the inspiration for the 916 based custom. I wanted way more motor - It is a weakness I know.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just for those who haven't seen it, and well, h&ll, even if you have, it's still gorgeous:
Good God, what a BEAST! Welcome to the booooaaarrd ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic. We were on our way back from the Dealernews expo with the Velocette and the Ducati and Cycle World called us to shoot the bikes in L.A. and so we stopped by the folks house in Tucson. That's my dear ol Pop's in the pic.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
What a beautiful bike!! That should motivate some of the rest of us to get off our lazy asses & get busy!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is nothing...... We went to Bob's shop this summer during the Redwood Run. He has a bada** Shop. The R1 and the velocette are stunning. I still am dreaming of his Moto Guzzi Scura :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
A huge welcome indeed, Bob. :) Your work is absolutely amazing! When that pic was first posted here and I found your site, I called my husband into the computer room and he just kind of stood staring at the monitor with his mouth hanging open for a long time. I can't be entirely sure, what with the mouth hanging open and all the drool, but I think what he said was something like, "Oh, God. I. Want. That. Bike..." ;) I do know he wouldn't walk away until he saw me bookmark your site.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Welcome! That bike is a work of art. Really. To try and say much more would just be idle ramblings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the comments about the bike . I like classic designs. I get inspired by CrisCraft boats and Bugatti's, kitchenaid mixers and antique flashlights. I am a hot rod guy at heart and a big vintage bike nut, but I am into riding modern machinery, I am blown away by the performance of modern bikes. This bike represents many talented folks capabilities, focused . I really wanted to show off what the Ducati people had created , bringing out the hidden beauty of the motor and chassis elements.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob~

I got your email...... I sent you one back, check your mailbox :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Got any good, big pictures of the bike that I could put on my screen saver?

;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have better shots, will email out tomorrow from the shop . I had a 907 bought new in '91 from Randy Bradisku's shop in Marin. Put 30,000 big fun twisty nocal miles on it in 2 years of ownership. Great bike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I started that bike before Ducati came out with the S4. Monster / 916 . The chassis I worked from on that build is a 97 Biposta 916 superbike. I had to make the fuel injection pump remote from the tank , relocate the battery and electics under the tank and 100 other mods to make this work. A freakin nightmare.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob~

Post some more pictures of your bikes. You should also let the SoCal people know you will be at the bike show in Long Beach ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts