Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background...

End of last October, I purchased an '02 M750 ie Dark for $3,000 with 5,000 miles, one grey key, no red key, and smallish "Ducati Dent" and a brake problem (which turned out to be the need for new front rotors and new pads on the back.

The seller called me last week and said he found the other grey key and I discussed the lack of a red key with him. He said he didn't ever remember getting one. I trust the seller, but couldn't imagine why the dealer wouldn't give it to him.

Anyway, the good news, the grey key arrived in the mail yesterday. This reminded me to call the dealer for the long shot they had the key. They DID! So they are sending me the red key registered mail.

Anyway, I replaced the rotors and the rear brake pads and had the 6000 mile service done. Donnie at DucPond said the bike was in pretty good shape and hadn't been abused so that was nice. All in all, I got a 2002 750 Dark with a dent smaller than my fist (and I have smaller hands) and 5000 miles with new rotors and rear pads for around $3500. Now the mods will begin, slowly but surely. >:D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. At least I hope it was a good deal.

All in all after the 6000 mile service, front rotors and rear pads, I got the bike for just a little over wholesale, and almost $1500 less than retail.

It has the duc dent, but I think I pretty much paid what she's worth.

I'm looking forward to riding with you guys, but I'm still somewhat of a n00b. I've had my license for 5 years now, but I had a 250 for a year, and then not another bike until now. Plus, I'm from Missouri, and I don't like the beltway.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Greerzilla said:
Plus, I'm from Missouri, and I don't like the beltway.
I commute on my bike daily from Sterling to Springfield, and I find the roads much less scary on the scooter than I do in the cage. Have you tried it yet?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not as of yet... most of the time I've owned the bike it's had warped front rotors, so I was apprehensive about taking it on the beltway. I don't mind it in the cage, but it's intimidating on the bike. I'm sure it will be until I try it.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Key and key card arrived this afternoon!

I believe the first mods will be a new seat and louder pipes. I'd love to do straight pipes, but I don't think my apartment neighbors will appreciate it as much as I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts