Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on a short holiday and today was back to work day. :(
Anyway its been nearly 2 weeks since the bike was stirred to life.
Turned the key to on and all the lights did the usual but the tacho/speedo did not do their
usual game of going to 4 o'clock and back. Fuel pump whired to life and I hit the button.
I got a beep from under the seat, and then the engine fired up OK.
Let it idle for a minute or so and stopped it, then did the restart again.This time no beep and the speedo/tacho did their thing.

Rode to work, bike felt great.
Time to come home, and was fine. Must admit was a bit apprehensive.

I take it the immobilizer wasn't ready to end its vacation.

I did a DML search and found heaps on this subject . Mostly people who couldn;t start the bike etc.

Like I said mine started, but made a strange beep.
Anyone out there in Oz had anything at all like this at all?

cheers
N

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I have left my bike for more 4-5 weeks without riding it and have had no probs so far (touch wood) ;D

·
Registered
388 Posts
A mate of mine had that hapen with his sportclassic. In the end the clocks stoped working altogether. turns out that is was a problem with the dash and it was replaced under warranty. Is also a common prblem I'm told, especially with MultiStradas

You may want to check that with your dealer while you are under warranty.

Cheers
Palooka

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul.C said:
I have left my bike for more 4-5 weeks without riding it and have had no probs so far (touch wood) ;D
[laugh] thanks

Palooka said:
A mate of mine had that hapen with his sportclassic. In the end the clocks stoped working altogether. turns out that is was a problem with the dash and it was replaced under warranty. Is also a common prblem I'm told, especially with MultiStradas

You may want to check that with your dealer while you are under warranty.

Cheers
Palooka
thanks for that. Like you say if you check the main board its quite prevelant.
Its good to have 20 months still under warranty. I'll check with the dealer.

cheers

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Ahh....

This happened with my 06 620 as well. When I turned the key, the lights did their thing, but the needles only moved off the
pegs (they turned through 20 deg or so). The bike started ok. Only happened twice and everything seems ok since.

I hope it is only 'one of those things' ...

Cheers,

Peter

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eDUCATIon said:
Ahh....

This happened with my 06 620 as well. When I turned the key, the lights did their thing, but the needles only moved off the
pegs (they turned through 20 deg or so). The bike started ok. Only happened twice and everything seems ok since.

I hope it is only 'one of those things' ...

Cheers,

Peter
Interesting....
Yesterday the gauges were obviously having an Italian siesta and only went to about 10 o'clock.
Happened a few times now but no drama starting the bike.
Is this what they call a bike having a distinct character or charm? [laugh]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts