How did you get hooked on Monsters:
First bike is/was:
Attend riders saftey course:
Favorite TV shows:
Favorite food:
Your car:
Favorite Music:
Favorite Artist/band:

Anything else anyone wants to throw in to ask, feel free. I know it's winter and all, but our board is getting pretty quiet. Just figured I'd break the silence and help us learn a little more about our fellow MOCHA riders.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I'll go first!!

Name: Jason
Birthday: 6/28
Marital status: Married, 2 yrs
Sig. Others Name: Dina
Your Job: Heavy Equipment operator for the Dupage County Highway Dept
How did you get hooked on Monsters: My younger brother wanted one and got me hooked on them, he eventually bought a Buell Firebolt
First bike is/was:My 2003 M620
Attend riders saftey course:Yup
Favorite TV shows: Alias, Smallville & The Simpsons
Favorite food: Mexican or Itallian
Your car: 99 Ford Exploer Sport
Favorite Music: Hard Rock
Favorite Artist/band:Toss up between Rob Zombie, GodSmack and Disturbed

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Name: Ron
Birthday: 11/24
Marital status: engaged and sheeyit
Sig. Others Name: carolyn
Your Job: respiratory circuit design engineer
How did you get hooked on Monsters: 1993. saw an ad.
First bike is/was: 1999 honda magna 750
Attend riders saftey course: hellsyeah
Favorite TV shows: 24, there are no other shows.
Favorite food: rice and chicken
Your car: '03 lexus IS300
Favorite Music: punk rock
Favorite Artist/band: 311

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
mark
10/25/67
dating
michelle
street dept. maintenance worker like jason heavy equipt operator salting plowing stuff like that
just saw them and loved them
ho*da 250 enduro
yea i did that
simpsons,
02 saturn sc1 coupe,89 suburbanhards rock,old school punk
kiss,iron maiden queensryche,all sorts of music as long as i can bang the drums its all good

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Name:
Marital status: Engaged
Sig. Others Name: Margaret
Your Job: Computer Forensics
How did you get hooked on Monsters: Always loved Ducati
First bike is/was: 99
Attend riders saftey course: Yes
Favorite TV shows: 24, Simpsons, 70's show
Favorite food: Italian, Mexican, Sushi (Japanese)
Your car: Car, nope
Favorite Music: Rock, club, etc...
Favorite Artist/band:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Name: Jason L.
Birthday: 4.13.77
Marital status: engaged
Sig. Others Name: Margaret
Your Job: Computer Forensics
How did you get hooked on Monsters: Always loved Ducati
First bike is/was: 99 Yamaha YZF600R
Attend riders saftey course: Yes
Favorite TV shows: 24, Simpsons, That 70's Show
Favorite food: Italian, Mexican, Sushi (Japanese)
Your car: Car, nope.
Favorite Music: Rock, Club, Etc...
Favorite Artist/band:

·
Registered
133 Posts
New to the board, actually just found it today, but i figure this is as good a place to start as any

Name: Roger
Birthday: 07/11/68
Marital status: M
Sig. Others Name: Ingrid
Your Job: Groundskeeper for college of DuPage
How did you get hooked on Monsters: Dumb luck
First bike is/was: 1974 Amerriachi 250
Attend riders saftey course: yes
Favorite TV shows: used to be 2Wheel tuesday, but i hope it will be the new bike show on spike
Favorite food: chocolate
Your car: 1989 S-10 (i really dont like cages)
Favorite Music: Harder Rock power pop
Favorite Artist/band: Bob Mould/sugar

·
Registered
133 Posts
weather in our favor???
its going to be 49 today, i think i will go out for a ride, before the snow comes in later this week
later
ROger

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2000 M900, little carbon(windscreen, seat cowl) it was originally a Dark, and was painted last year, gloss black, i have really just improved a few of the flaws with the bike(really what i consider flaws) like a DP red preasure plate, carbon vented clutch cover, and a moto wheels slave cylinder.the only other thing was a stainless steel bolt kit, so i could get rid of the cad plated pieces that were originally on the bike
Nice day today, decided to ride around the city, started in the Ukranian village, and worked my way throught DePaul, over to lincoln park, down lake shore(actually up) to montrose, a couple of pics by the lake(to prove i was there on 1/1/04) and back home via lawrence and ashland, not to cold, until i hit the lake, and it was right around 41 degs, back on ashland the bank said it was 47, but the rain came in, so it was time to go home, before cold tires, cold pavement, and rain got the better of me
If anybody is looking for a ride down town, just drop me a line, the weather is just to unpredictable to get to far from home, until spring hits, dont mind the cold, just hate being cold and wet, and this past year i seemed to have gotten caught i my fair share of rain storms, and its always on the way home, right after the weather man said it wa going to be a bright shinny day
Later
Roger

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You should post those pics in this thread. Where do you live? I'm at Ashland and Division, I do currently have the bike parked for the winter though.

G

·
Remix...

Name: Ruben
Birthday: 9/1.
Marital status: pre-engagement.
Sig. Others Name: B.
Your Job: Histologist.
How did you get hooked on Monsters: Avid Nudist.
First bike is/was: 1996 Suzuki DR 350.
Attend riders saftey course:Not yet.
Favorite TV shows: That 70's Show.
Favorite food: Hispanic/Soul Food.
Your car: 2001 Honda Accord V6.
Favorite Music: Hip Hop, alternative, Jazz, Latin, African.
Favorite Artist/band: Many.

Play on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm at Ashland and Division

So you live in the pizza hut, the bank, the park or that new bar on the corner there???Just kidding, i know the area very well, goo freind of mine live on D street, one of my favorite bars is there(Macs), but its changed so much in the past couple of years, dont even recognize it now a days.
I live at chicago and western(actually a block south os chicago) been here 8 years, and used to live up north before that(uptown) It seem this hood is about to go crazy, this year, hope it stays a family area, and dosnt get crazy like some of the other parts of town

You put the monster away, i guess if you dont have a garage, but i try to ride year round, there are good days some times, and it has been really nice here on and off, but i have a feeling that is all going to change pretty soon
hope to see you around
Roger

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I live at the pizza hut, just kidding. I actually live on Noble. I bought a condo with my gf last year, or shall I say Fiance. I do have a garage off the rear of my condo. I just don't want to open up the bike until I can ride it somewhat consistently. I have the battery pulled too for the time being.

G

·
Name: Will
Birthday: 2-15-63
Marital status: Married
Sig. Others Name: Lisa
Your Job: Marketing Consultant
How did you get hooked on Monsters: I've always loved naked bikes; was bummed at what I thought was a lack of choice. Friend suggested I check out a Monster - enough said
First bike is/was: Yamaha Vision
Attend riders saftey course: Every other year
Favorite TV shows: Simpsons, Sopranos
Favorite food: Fried chicken (my southern heritage)
Your car: Beat up Jeep Wrangler (my wife refuses to drive it)
Favorite Music: I like too much
Favorite Artist/band: Either Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, or Keb Mo (depending on the day)

G

·
Thanks for the welcome.

I've been getting the digest for about two years now, and just came acrossa reference to MOCHA in the calendar. 30 seconds later, reading posts... yahoo

I have a 2001 S4 (yellow) and live in the city - Bucktown actually. I've lived in the city since '91 after transplanting from Boston. Everyonce in a while, I'll see a monster out and about, but it's usually at a time when I can't give chase to say hey.

Will

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Awesome! I have an 01 S4 Senna. I live in wicker park so we're neighbors. I've actually seen someone on a yellow S4 in the area, my guess is that would be you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well Will if the monster you see is on western, or around there it might be me, i live the the UK vilage, cool to see more ducks joining every day, should be a good summer
later
Roger

1 - 20 of 35 Posts