Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It’s been a decade with this Lil’Monster 696. I finally purchased and installed the mod I’ve been eyeing for 6 years...the SC Project GT. The bike sounds great, rides great. One of the best purchases I’ve made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks incredible! I’ve been trying to figure out a way to make a SC project exhaust work on my ‘99 M900... no plug and play, hopefully I’ll figure it out one day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took me a few years to jump in it. It took me 30 minutes to remove the OEM full exhaust and install the new one on my own. It was easier than I thought. Good Luck. I wish I’d done it earlier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing some encouragement, problem is that SC doesn’t make anything that would fit off the shelf (as far as I know, please please tell me I’m wrong) on my ‘99 M900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I don’t think SC Project has an exhaust that would fit your ‘99 M900. Have you considered getting custom pipes made and add the slip-on? Might be about the same cost.
SC Project didn’t make a full exhaust that fit my 696M, but I found out that it made one to fit the 796M. So I made it work on my 696M by eliminating the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is the kind of solution I’m thinking about, have to look into it more, but still loads of other things I want to do with my monster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the kind of solution I’m thinking about, have to look into it more, but still loads of other things I want to do with my monster
Goodluck and have fun with that. It brings you closer to your bike.My next project is having a friend machines a new bracket so I can change the rearsets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! My next task is replacing the brake lines for shorter lines since I have place clip-ons on the monster. Tinkering on it is definitely half the fun

·
Registered
7 Posts
Inspired by your post I contacted a top custom exhaust manufacturer in my country. It can be done, meaning full titanium system with SC CR-T damper. But noise levels would be so high that it would even be illegal on a circuit... how much louder did your bike get?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Inspired by your post I contacted a top custom exhaust manufacturer in my country. It can be done, meaning full titanium system with SC CR-T damper. But noise levels would be so high that it would even be illegal on a circuit... how much louder did your bike get?
My bike is at 95dB sitting. 105dB when I tap the throttle. Mine doesn’t have a DB Killer in it. But you can buy ones that do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately I don’t think SC Project has an exhaust that would fit your ‘99 M900. Have you considered getting custom pipes made and add the slip-on? Might be about the same cost.
SC Project didn’t make a full exhaust that fit my 696M, but I found out that it made one to fit the 796M. So I made it work on my 696M by eliminating the O2 sensor.
I had a Mivv on my 900. Looked and sounded great.
3A4FB444-71D0-429B-9F03-5148204B00F4.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts