Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha, ha...funny stuff...uh, hum.

It seems every time I start my bike as of late (4-5 times) after at least a few hours of non-useage, this small plumb of smoke with the smell opf burning rubber or plastic comes out for about a minute. Thats it, then its over. I've checked if any of the wiring is touching the heads or the pipes but I can't seem to find a culprit. All teh electrical is still working (knock on wood). I was even thinking maybe bits of the tank/batter foam seperater is flaking off.

Anyone had any experience with this? the smell is DEFINITELY of the plastic/ rubber variety and it definitely ends after a minute or so but when I start it in the morning, you can even see the snoke billowing out...not something I feel comfortable with. And it seems to come out right under where the tank meets the front of the seat.

My local mechanic took a half-hearted look at it and couldn't find anything.

I'm perplexed. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
The Goob.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The rubber the connectors from the battery to my starter solenoid melted onto the nut and caused a puff of smoke. It's a pain but you might check that if it's not the starter lug...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.