Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this ECU hoping it would fit in my S4Rs but it runs to rich. I took it to the dyno and it idles at 11 to 12 fuel to air ratio. I guess it needs the 54mm throttle bodies to run right.
I am looking to sell it for $600 but will entertain offers.
This is the control unit for after market 54mm exhaust and air box. (IAW 59m.A8)
If you have any after market exhaust on any 999 and are looking for more fuel to maximize that power, this is the computer.
I will also make a trade for anyone who happens to have a performance ECU made for a monster s4rs.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
monsterhr said:
I just bought this ECU hoping it would fit in my S4Rs but it runs to rich. I took it to the dyno and it idles at 11 to 12 fuel to air ratio. I guess it needs the 54mm throttle bodies to run right.
I am looking to sell it for $600 but will entertain offers.
This is the control unit for after market 54mm exhaust and air box. (IAW 59m.A8)
If you have any after market exhaust on any 999 and are looking for more fuel to maximize that power, this is the computer.
I will also make a trade for anyone who happens to have a performance ECU made for a monster s4rs.
Unfortunately the ECU can only be programmed once. It will work only when mated with the ignition module and instrument cluster of the bike it was first programmed for. Sorry

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone else heard this? This is a ducati performance cpu, not a stock cpu. If this is true then I need to get my money back from the guy I bought it from on ebay. It made my bike run, it just ran rich. If I 'm going to fight to get my money back I better know what I am talking about. Any info would be appreciated from ducati land.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have heard this, but I do not think it is true. You bought the used 999 DP ECU and it was running on your bike, so you proved that it is working also on other bikes. On my friends DP ECU for S4Rs is written Multistrada 1000. He also proved, that it is working on other thand first programmed bike. By the I do not think you are programming anything when you are changing the ECU. The only thing you have to do is to reset the TPS. But maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
As I understand there are 2 DP ECMs. One that comes with the Termi kit (program locked), and then there is a DP Performance ECM that can be re-programmed (re-programmable). I could be wrong but that's how I had it 'splained to me. The S4RS ECM marked as an MTS 1000 part is a known factor as most of the early adopter S4RS Termi buyers can attest to. They may have re-labeled the newer kits by now but I don't think those can be reprogrammed. /shrug

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
an ECU can only be mated to an instrument cluster/keyset once.

you CAN install the ECU w/o going through that process.

so if a previous owner used it but didn't activate the immobilizer features, anybody should be able to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts