Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chris do you know what the differences are and what would it take to make them work . thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
What'd be cool is to use the front rim from the Multistrada with the "carrierless" rotors. I read that the wheel was designed for the 999 but in the end they decided not to use it because it didn't fit visually. Hmmmmm, guess they actually did try something to make it attractive.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think the axle size(s) are the problem. There was a post on this a while back, and Alex Oertner had the goods on what was different.

Big help, I know..... :(

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
chris do you know what the differences are and what would it take to make them work . thanks
the axle sizes may be similar, as you have monster S4. but that is not the problem. rear brake rotor is different size. i'm reasonably certain that the rotors have different offset (though Jeff Gehrs at www.braketech.com would know) but i do know that the rotors on 999 have 5 mounting holes, not 6. rear rotor is larger diameter on 999 than your bike; also with 5 mounting holes. another issue is whether the sprocket is offset the proper distance.

it's an issue of if you have enough $$$ to manufacture what you need (like a brake rotor), then yes, anything will fit.

:) chris

edited to add: also, we do not know that the wheel widths are the same. it is possible that the 999 wheel hubs are wider than MS4, which would suck, too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thank you very much . i had a set of 999 rim offered to me for 1100 dollars , so i was thinking about buying then but they may be more than i want . thanks again everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts