Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

sweeeeet....
waiting on some custom yokes (probably about 3 weeks) and then the front-end swaps!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Were there internal changes from the previous Showas?

Actually, can someone explain how they evolved since the 916?

(Magnus, those are S model forks. Tell me you put them on already!)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strati,
Are you putting the forks on your S4?

Are you swapping out your rotors, axle and wheels too?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Superbike S Model? The guy I bought them from thought they were off a 2000 Superbike, but wasn't quite sure. I measured the diameter and they are 53mm.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Magnus, those forks are off a late model 728/9*6, they are among my favorites. Does anyone know the exact differences between the 9*6 forks & the 999 ones?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll be getting triple clamps from alex to fit them to the bike. while i will have to get a different front fender, i'm going to see if i can fit my existing front wheel, brakes & calipers. i realize the 999's rotors are set a bit more ouboard from center but if possible, i'll modify to suit my bits. otherwise, it'll be "yard sale" time to fund 999 bits.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The S have the nitride coating, same for 748S or 998S. I hear they go bad if stored horizontally. ;)
LOL... yeah, then mine are shot! I have the S25-53 risers and triple clamp on order from Cycle Cat (via Motowheels), so I just have to wait until those are ready.

Hey Strati... what are those L-shaped bits opposite the brake caliper brackets on yours?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 999 forks mount the calipers 15mm out

The 999 uses a longer axle, 5 bolt rotor with 15mm offset, a front wheel with 5 bolts for the rotor and does not have a speedo pick-up.

The 999 forks use a different fender

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Strati... what are those L-shaped bits opposite the brake caliper brackets on yours?
fender mounts. no band strap thingies for the '9 legs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 999 forks mount the calipers 15mm out
hrm... thanks for the figure. i'll have to see if i can get a 15mm shimming plate to bring the calipers back in.

The 999 uses a longer axle,
ok, that's on the shopping list i guess! i'll have to turn down a couple spacer bushes to be able to use my current front wheel. i'm really not into the idea of selling the marvics/braketechs with only 10 miles on 'em!

5 bolt rotor with 15mm offset, a front wheel with 5 bolts for the rotor and does not have a speedo pick-up.
if the 15mm shim plates for the calipers work out, i should be able to get past this obstacle... will be a fun project at the least!

The 999 forks use a different fender
yep... and i see you guys have some in stock ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Strati likes making things challenging for himself, which is what makes his bike unique. If I could turn a wrench like him, I'd be onto something...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Strati likes making things challenging for himself, which is what makes his bike unique.
that and i have a knack for missing some key details for the stuff i buy. hahaha!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You are assuming I'm at least as adept as a monkey with the tools... not quite!!!

I'm in the same boat as you... waiting for my risers and triple from Cycle Cat as well. I've been bothering Alfred and Alex over there for months... I've been holding out for the S25-53 risers which are a new product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts