Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my factory exhaust cored on my 749. IMO it made quite a difference in throttle response and the sound is amazing. It isnt quite totally cored but the cats are removed in the midpipe and the end can and some of the other internals in the end can are removed to make it much more free flowing.

It was quite a bit less expensive than buying an aftermarket exhaust being that most cost around $2000 or more.

Anyway because of the way the factory exhaust is designed and manufactured it's not quite as easy at it was with the older 916 style superbikes to just take apart and remove the baffles. The newer style has to be cut open and the internals have to be removed and then it has to be welded back together. It all has to be done just right because of the mounting hardware on the end can.

I have a custom exhaust guy that did a great job on mine and I wanted to put it out there for eveyone in case they wanted to get it done. I am now offering this service for $400 + return shipping. I also saw a cored factory end can sell on Ebay a few weeks ago for around $500.

So with that in mind if anyone out there wants to have their's done send me an email @ [email protected] and I'll help you out. I also have a video.

Here is a link to the video: http://media.putfile.com/Ducati-cored-exhaust

1 - 3 of 3 Posts