Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I'm an idiot and rode away without putting my side stand up and now the bottom 3" of it is totally gone, and the rest of it is bent inwards underneath the outer spring.

I've been looking for an aftermarket one but I can't seem to find one for my bike, and I'm really not in the mood to pay about $120 for an OEM one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried them, they don't fit the 99 Monsters. It needs the kickstand with one giant hole where it mounts, I think I may just suck it up and buy one OEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up the Cycle Cat DKS35 Side Stand for my 02 750 monster. Thanks for the link.

It arrived 2 days after I ordered it. Really fast service!!!

The one thing the side stand is missing is directions as to remove the old side stand.

It looks easy enough to switch out the side stands except for one thing.
How do you remove the spring without destorying it and /or at the same time, hurting the bike and/or yourself when you do get it off the old side stand?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It wasn't a problem for me. There are two springs and I did one spring at a time (I think I did the large spring first, but I'm not sure). With the stand in the extended position, I used a pair of needle-nose pliers and grabbed hold of the spring just above the hook where it connected to the stand and pulled it down and away from the stand. Then I did the same with the other spring and it was free.

The tricky part for me was making sure the interlock switch was properly captured when I installed the new stand. If you don't do it right, you may be left wondering why your bike won't start all of the sudden. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts