Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my first ducati monster. I guy locally has a 1999 M750 that has a salvage title and a baseball sized dent in the tank by the handebars. I have a guy that could fix the tank but other than that the bike looks pretty clean.

My questions are is there any problems to look for?

Does the 1999 M750 only have one disc brake in the front?

How many miles do these things normally get and what should I start replacing?

And lastly is there a way to upgrade to the tach and speedo from the original just speedo?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
maintenance records are what you want to look for
valves get checked every 6k, and belts changed every 12k or 2 years
plan on replacing tires, fluids, brake pads, maybe chain/sprocket

one brake, but it is better than some of the newer monsters with 2 small ones

there used to be kits for the tach, but they havent been made in years.
monsters make their power well before redline, so you really dont need a tach

good luck!
jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also for the gauge cluster could i use a speedo and tach off a newer model ducati. I just like the appearance of the twin gauge and it doesnt hurt to keep a eye on your revs.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
The headlight is not standard size. The headlight bulb is standard size. I think H4 but you might want to check that as my memory might be off and I may be thinking of the bulbs on my car. Search the forums for alternate headlight options if you think you might want to look into that. Also search the forum for speedo tach gauge options. I am pretty sure a few of the board members changed to aftermarket options. I don't believe you can use the set off the new bikes without making some modifications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts