Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my boyfriend is looking into getting a '99 750 with approx. 4000 miles, no mods, no damage. The guy is asking $3700, and I'm wondering if that's a good deal or not? Sorry, I know there's a lot of factors that go into the price, but from the info provided, what do you think? BTW, 99's are all carbed right? When was efi introduced? Thanks in advance!

J

·
0 Posts
I'm guessing it's a fairly good deal ... I just got my 99 M750 Dark with high mount CF pipes and corbin seat for 3500. mine has like 24K miles tho. I'd say go for it. I'd look at it in person before i agree on a price ... make sure it hasn't been dropped or have any serious mechanical problems. And yes the 99's are carbed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would think it would be hard to find a 99 with less miles. Some say bikes that haven't been ridden much are bad, (it's not always good for a bike to sit) but I'd rather have one that was ridden a little than one that was ridden too much or too hard.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The NADA guide says $3725 is average retail and low retail is $2835. There might be room for a little more negotiating.

The 99 M900 had fuel injection, the M750 had carburetors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you guys like your 99 750's? Can you give me some comparisons to the efi models? My boyfriend's been wondering if he should go with the carbed or efi model, but I'm too mechanically inept to give him advice. What are the advantages of efi, besides not having to adjust for altitude (is that right?)? Can you get more power out of the carbed or efi model? Thanks again guys:)

M

·
0 Posts
That is a good deal but try to get the seller down a little. It can't hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts