Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is this 1998 Ducati M900s Monster in famous fly yellow.

These carb'd Monsters are getting harder and harder to find. They make a convert out of even the most adamant anti-monster snob. This machine is all cut and thrust in the city. Has alot of mods. Highlights are the titanium Remus exhausts, Ohlins shock, and DP accessory tachometer. The bike has about 24k miles and is good to go for another 50k. Bought from the original owner, who kept it on the streets of the city, and has the scars to prove it - scraped exhausts from idiot cagers doing the braille parking method. The only other cosmetic issue is the battery acid stains from the vent hose not being put on right. The bike is 100% functional, and runs/sounds great.

Other mods include K&N pods installed (airbox eliminated), with carbs jetted, K&N crankcase filter installed, and all 100lbs of emission crap eliminated, custom arrow turnsignals, and sweet convex mirror billet bar-ends. New AGM battery installed and fresh full synthetic Repsol oil and K&N filter.

Please call to view or discuss a trade. Looking for something different. This is my third monster, so would be interested in a standard, dual sport, or sportbike of equal value. Euro, Japanese, or American doesn't matter - just not into cruisers.

PRICE DROP!! Asking $2900.

Cheers,

646-734-8364

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I've got the same bike and I love it. Everywhere I ride it get's a lot of attention. All my friends have rode it and now they want monster's too. If it weren't in NYC it would be sold, too bad.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, awiilyd!

Yeah, there's definetely something to be said for the carb'd bikes demeanor. I had an '05 dual spark thou and it wasn't nearly as entertaining. I also think that part of that kind of amazing manuevarability is also credit to the pre-st2 frame that was used unlike the later monsters.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**price Drop**

...and better pics

·
Registered
21 Posts
yellow monster...

Man, you're everywhere. ;D

Not quite as much traffic here as on advrider.com - but free bump anyway.

Mike

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, you're everywhere. ;D

Not quite as much traffic here as on advrider.com - but free bump anyway.

Mike
Thanks, Mike;D
I've actually had a change of heart. This thing is way too much fun, so it's no longer for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts