Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over for this, but I haven't had much luck. I think the stock mains are 140 and the pilots are around 37.5, can someone verify this for me?

I'm restoring a bike that's in rough shape, in the process I wanted to do a couple of things to the intake and exhaust. The bike was stock when I got it, I've already cored the cans and I'm going to put on a K&N air filter and cut open the airbox lid. I figured three sizes up on the mains (2 for the less restrictive intake, 1 for the cored cans) and 1 size up on the pilots (I've heard rule of thumb is 1 size up for every three sizes up on mains). I'm also going to replace the emulsion tubes with the Factory Pro units since this seems to be a common problem.

I know I'm going to get some replies asking why I don't just get a jet kit. I'll go ahead and answer that now so you don't have to bother. I just don't want to spend the money! :D

If anyone has any input on what the stock jetting is so that I can order the correct sizes before tearing into it, that would be great. Also, if anyone has the perfect jetting setup for my setup (cored cans, chopped air box lid with K&N filter, 2900ft elevation) that would be great too. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
My manual says 140 main and 42.5 idle jet although I do think 37.5 is right as I've bought the FactoryPro jet kit that uses a 42.5 idle jet.

Cut open airbox? K&N? Cored cans? High(er) altitude? I'd personally start with a 155 (if not 165) main jet and put the needle clip at least one position lower (to get a richer mix). But srsly, you'll put your diva on a dyno, will ya?
And on a side note: Get a jet kit! :D The FactoryPro is incredibly cheap in the US, imo. And worth it. Absolutely worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I asked FP today what is included in their jet kit. They replied with: Mains, pilots, needles, and float bowl screws. I'd be all for it if they included the emulsion tubes, $100 seems like a lot to pay for some needle development. Do you know if slide springs are included also? They didn't mention that they were.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Springs are included. A bit wobblier than the oem springs, though.
The needles are very different compared to the stock ones, the oem needles are stick-like and the FP needles really deserve the term 'needle' because of their taper.
Emulsion tubes are like what 25$/ea or something? I've changed mine as well together with the jet kit.

Dude, honestly. You do want to put your bike on a dyno after you're done, anyway. The jet kit plus emulsion tubes are very worth it. And as my mom said: "Those that buy cheap will pay double." Don't give her a reason to say "See, I was right" once again. I'd hate that ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts