Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tweaked my front wheel on a concrete bridge joint while coming out of a turn on a back road. can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your Response...............

But I have no idea. I'll see what i can dig up and get back to you.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Hey I'm sorry I didn't get the pictures up because my girlfriend broke her tail bone and I had to bring her in to emergency. I will take pictures today right after work and upload them then.

Thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem. No big rush right now. That does not sound like fun, i hope she is doing ok.

I was looking at tmy wheels last nightand noticed the seriel and model numbers on my wheels. If you could take a close up picture of those that may help me out quite a bit. Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
What is your wheel and rim size front and back?? In other words what did it say on the wheel? By the way what kind of bike is it that you have?? Also what color are your rims? I'm just going to call my local Ducati dealer and ask.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
you will need the front rim to be 20mm axle. The wheel size is 3.5x17 wheel and if you are changing the back, it will need to be a 17mm axle, wheel size 5.5x17. The 750's all had a 4.5x17 rim so it 750 rear rim won't work. As for the front any rim that accepts a 20mm axle will do you just fine. And no you can't swap out bearings to make a later model rim and get it to work. I have a 1995 M900 and tried all sorts of wheels. Hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the heads up Jarvis

My rear is ok so i'm mainly interested in the front. If the front is a 20mm axel we might be able to work something out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts