Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a '95 900ss engine to fit into my '98 M750 frame, What, if any pitfalls can you guys see me running into along the way? TIA-Jesse

·
Registered
246 Posts
Supposedly it works fine, but I don't know from experience. If you could, please post your progress as I'm considering doing the same thing. This reply isn't very helpful but at least it'll bump you back up to the top for prime-time.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
No problem - yank one out, throw the other in. One afternoon.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The 95 SS has the oil cooler down low, you probably want to put it on top like the monsters, less apt to catch a rock like Eric Bostrom!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked for motors on ebay, on other forums classified sections, local dealers, racing web sites like 2wf.com etc... As far as my mechanical ability, I've taken the bike apart a few times as it was crashed hard and needed a fair amount of lovin'. With time and a manual I could do just about anything as far as repair and maintenance on my M750 and my 996. In fact the only thing the "mechanics" have done so far during worried visits to the dealer is swap the belts and check the valves. I'll use the M 750 oil cooler mount if it will directly replace the ss valve cover. Seeing how they are both carburated, I shouldn't have any electrical issues, should I? Someone brought up the point that I might have some ignition issues, I believe the engine tht I'm going to buy comes with the coils. Also someone mentioned that the exhaust collector on the M750 may be smaller in diameter, what would this do to the HP and Torque curves? Thanks for your responses. -Jesse

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
everything is copmpatible. So are the oil coolers. You can run SS oil cooler (without EBoz issue... as they are quite sturdy) or you can swap out the lines and valve cover.

EVERYTHING on the two engines is "modular" or compatible. Oly real difference are those W1/W2 750 heads and cams on M900, where SS has V2/V2 heads and 900 cams.

:) Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts