Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one please shed some light on why there are no 93 monsters for sale in oz am thinking of selling mine but can not get any idea what they are bringing at moment ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up my 94 just recently and had spent a couple of months looking before hand so I have a bit of an idea. Prices started at $4500 for something with high ks and topped out around $6500 for low ks dependant on what extras/mods.

Saw this the other day but I personally wouldn't pay that much for it. There are early 900's on Bikesales asking around 8 for ones with big bore kits n stuff but they have been on there since February....

Just depends on how much the other person is willing to pay really.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh have seen 94s for sale but no 93s are blokes hanging on becuase of 93 being first year made or is there none out there?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't think they began importing in Australia until late 93 early 94. They didnt start production until March 93. you might check with Neil Frasers in NSW, but i think Ron Angel may have been the importers back then.What does the frame plate on yours say? Was it a private import at a later date? Good condition original 93 might fetch 6.5k here, maybe more if its a bone stock collectors item in mint condition. Otherwise you've really just got to look at what else is out there that is equivalent and consider the choice that buyers have when parting with their cash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is your build date /93? I know a couple of people whose are badged like that and they refer to them as 94 models.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is plated 06 1993 so must be one of first ones in oz I have owned it for nearly 10 years think I am second owner

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I was working in a Ducati shop back then. Hardly any 93 models came through, the first few would have come in for compliance which would have taken a few months including shipping to Oz. They had to wait for them to become compliant before placing the order and the AUS bikes hitting the manufacturing line. The AUS M900s started becoming more available in early/mid 94 and there was stock going into shops to satisfy the orders and for general sale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 1995 M900 with 22,000km for $4,000 here in SA. I snatched it up within 12 hours of it being posted on gumtree and had to fight off two other keen buyers. It hasn't been dropped but the last owner lived right on the beach and the alloy is showing small signs of corrosion. And there was battery acid spots on the left side frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts