Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the DP 916 style race exhaust for a monster? My local shop has an old model for sale and the price is great. I currently have the sil motor 2-1 and it is not suited for my carb set up, any takers on a used exhaust?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that setup's got a nicely placed cross over for scavenging, but a "spaghetti" style header will produce better power. depending on price, the "916" style unit might be at least worth trying out.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cannister alignment is a little odd. It does not align with the subframe. I've had a couple customers change over to the Sil Moto spaghetti system because they did not like the way the pipes looked from the side.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's funny how easily i overlook simple details sometimes. i noticed that this month's "featured monster" has the same 916-style system you're considering. looking at the pics i see i was wrong about the header's cross-over placement. i thought from the pics i'd previously seen that the x-over was right where the tubes curve upward below the swingarm. this would be a pretty good place for it as it's about as close as you could get to the cylinder's while keeping a relatively simple design.
but that's not the case afterall... the x-over in the system is actually _just_ before the righthand muffler which is pretty late in the system. additionally, since the lefthand muffler's slip-tube extends across the width of the body, the muffler tube's length is pretty uneven past the x-over. not sure how greatly this would effect power from one cylinder to the other, but i doubt it would be "symmetrical".
no offense meant at all to bruce and other users of this system. definately looks [email protected] but seems to be designed for looks first, function 2nd. given your initial concern of getting more power out of your bike (from previous thread), i'd venture to guess this system wouldn't produce much more (if at all) than the 2-into-1 you're currently running.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The 916 is nice, but what I'd really like to fab in is the exhaust off off a 996. I saw a pic a while back of some monsters in Europe somwhere, and one of them had a nicely done fab. Looked gorgeous, very tight.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone have any info on the DP 916 style race exhaust for a monster? My local shop has an old model for sale and the price is great. I currently have the sil motor 2-1 and it is not suited for my carb set up, any takers on a used exhaust?
i had the system on my 99 900s. It made my bike sound like a 4 valver and it was a real tight fit with the rear brake attachment We had to make a spacer so that the right side rear set was out so the rear brake attachment could connect I eliminated the passenger footpegs so it was no big deal It was defiinitely a cool system I paid like $1175 for my system when i bought it-Wilsons MC had it on sale at the time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts