Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
TCK! said:
I've been thinking of going either black or white for my Track Plastics... I might have to copy you guys and your header wrap I'm sure that keeps the leg radiant heat down a bit
I was actually toying with the idea of going with the white 848 paint scheme but I'm super busy with school work with finals coming up and this was much quicker. When I get done with finals I may go for that semi-matte white with the black at the bottom. I'm also not sure how good it'll look with a gold frame - the 848 has a silver frame.

The wrap is helping a TON. I also put some Thermo-Tec "aluminized heat barier" on the inside of the heal guard and exhaust shield and it's helping too. http://www.thermotec.com/products/full/14001/14001.html

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah. Actually, I haven't put the new ones one yet....I'm waiting for the 28 mm socket I ordered to arrive so I can get the axle nut off. Should show up tomorrow. One of them is warped. The other, I think, is fine. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
twitchmonitor said:
Yeah. Actually, I haven't put the new ones one yet....I'm waiting for the 28 mm socket I ordered to arrive so I can get the axle nut off. Should show up tomorrow. One of them is warped. The other, I think, is fine. Why do you ask?
He was asking in the other thread about getting them from you his are worn out. But not sure about the warpage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
truckinduc said:
looks great man. Glad to see another member with a satin black duc. How does it ride?
Rides like a beast! Tons of torque, sounds mean, fun to ride, solid feel, confidence-inspiring cornering. Its basically sick. Makes me wonder what I was doing with a 600 cc inline 4 all these years. Those things don't make ANY sense in the city! And on the freeway, I have to give my trajectory a tad more forethought than I did on my CBR because the Duc isn't as fast steering, but once I adjusted my riding style its butter. And as a bonus the engine just never feels as hectic as a 600 cc engine. If my CBR was Sonny Corleone, the 916 is the Don. ;D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
TCK! said:
He was asking in the other thread about getting them from you his are worn out. But not sure about the warpage.
Oh. Well let me know if you want a single one. Just let me get it off and check the runout. PM me if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
twitchmonitor said:
I need rotors badly! I've got 0.11mm left before I'm at the minimum thickness mark. Depending on how bad the warp is, I may be able to use them. I can check the run-out on them once you have them off. Or, if your socket doesn't show up tomorrow, just come on by and I can pull the wheel/swap new rotors for you. I've got everything here at the house.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Finally got all those dang lights working! ;D Those are the turnsignals installed inside the tail, and the license is on a handmade (by me!) aluminum bracket with leds build into the bolts that hold it on to the bracket. Oooooh, pretty colors.... 8)

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts