Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 Monster in gloss black. Deep and loud Low-mount Two Brothers exhaust. Strong engine. It runs well, but is certainly not a new looking bike. There is a small ding from the bars in the tank. About 13k miles. I have all records and I DID have the 12k service done. I will have pics soon to post. Best offer takes it. In NY Metro Area.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Re: 900 monster '98

canuco said:
I have a '98 Monster in gloss black. Deep and loud Low-mount Two Brothers exhaust. Strong engine. It runs well, but is certainly not a new looking bike. There is a small ding from the bars in the tank. About 13k miles. I have all records and I DID have the 12k service done. I will have pics soon to post.[RED] Best offer takes it.[/RED] In NY Metro Area.
I'll start the bidding at $500!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Best offer will take it, but I certainly am not going to give it away for $1000 or anything. This was my daily rider. I am moving my office and will have little chance to ride her again. I would not be selling it otherwise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I keep the bike at my warehouse on Long Island, but I live in Manhattan. I would be happy to ride it home 1 day this week, but I do not know how dark out it will be by the time I get there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Well I have seen non-moded mint 900 cc ones go for 4400. Mine is not mint and I am not delusional - I do not expect to get that for it.

I want all to be aware of the flaws as to not make a trip for nothing. You can see on the pic on the left side that the factory battery stained some of the metal (was a common problem with the "98s) along with the dent that I am pointing to. I started her up today for the first time in a few weeks and it took a minute for her to turn over. I am thinking that the carb is due for a cleaning. The bike still ran very strong and sounds as mean as possible.

Any reasonable offer will be considered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I currently live in Manhattan but have had my business on Long Island. I am now relocating my office to Manhattan to do away with my commute, and I will no longer have the time to ride. I would never sell it otherwise.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

canuco said:
Any takers?
I'd take it in a heartbeat....but I don't think you'de let me take it for what I could give you for it right now....is a nice bike for sure and I have something in mind for it for usage for sure and could definitly use it in my stable!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I would be ok with $3500 cash. As for shipping, I will be happy to put it on a truck if you want, but remember, this is a used bike and it is sold in "as is" condition.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.