Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are trying to rebuild a Ducati 851 Superbike that we bought in parts. When I say Parts, I mean Parts!!!!!!

The engine is completely dissasembled & sitting in trays, it's like a Bl00dy big Mecano set.

Does anyone have a web site or a link or any information that may help us.

What we need is an exploded parts diagram so we know what goes where. We have done a dry run & it looks like most bits are there but obviously need to know the location of all washers, Shims, spacers ect......

I don't think Haynes do a catalogue for 851.

Does anyone know where a genuine parts breakdown, like a CD copy of a parts microfische or similar may be?

Or better still is there anywhere you can get online access to the Ducati CD program that you see in all the shops when you go in buying parts.

Or any 851 Guru's out there that can help with assembling the bottom end via e-mail!!!!

We are in Papua New Guinea & there aint no Bike Shops, let alone a Local Ducati Dealer.

Can anyone Pleeeeeaaaseeeee shed some light.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ditto what Chris said Although you are a fair bit closer to Brad Black @ Moto One in Australia. His web site is http://www.moto-one.com.au/ He a wonderful resource for info at least in your general time zone.

The other thing you may try is the 851 message board on Yahoo.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Papua New Guinea? :eek: Jesus man. I'll send National Geographic over to help you out....with hex wrenches.

Sorry. A little humor for levity.

Good luck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,
Gawd it looked Frightening!! But armed with this infor i'm sure we'll get it together. (I Hope)

We see quite a few National Geographic people through, usually good lookin Pommie Chicks, wonder if they want a spin on a 900 Monster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts