Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '02 S4 and I was wondering if there is any performance difference between the two decible pipes. I am going to do the standard mods. Pipes, air cleaner and chip.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Aldo, hello there.
If you get yourself the Ducati Performance catalogue from a Ducati dealer it has dyno' charts for the various exhaust systems / chips / filter etc.
I have 85db Sil's and 14T on the gearbox on my S4 and it sounds and feels fast enough for me, the 14T has to be the cheapest and easiest performance aid you can do.

S

·
0 Posts
another option is to get EURO spec arrow cans. they come with chokers in the exhaust tips that keep the noise level reasonable. why bother? well you can take these chokers out with the removal of one small bolt if you want to set of some car alarms ;)

S

·
0 Posts
go with 105 dbs man......

its like horse power..

plus, it makes you think you are going faster :)

actualyl there has been some studies on that as well, people with loud pipes had slower lap times than when they ran the same bike with ear plugs. Kinda weird huh ?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
not sure about performance differences... most notably, if you want to do a track day at Laguna, you'd better keep your stock silencers.

other than that, the 105s are great for setting off car alarms. I set off a car alarm 3x in about 5 minutes (same car).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts