Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering what your thoughts are on a 696 sporting a 848 front fender. There's someone I know of that is selling his stock front fender for cheap. If it's bad-ass, or just plain bad, let me know what you think...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it would look good but isn't the 848 front wheel larger? I would prefer to get something to extend the rear part of the fender of the 696. Fenda Extender does not make one for the 696 (had one for the SV650). The engine casing is getting rock chips and the paint is coming off in a couple of spots.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've experimented with a few different front fender options on our 696 project bike:

CF Front Fender M696 - 1098 Style

Diversion Fender

and finally the CF Front Fender M696

Wow, those pics look awesome! I think I like the diversion fender the best of all of them, however, is the 1098 fender the same as the 848 stock fender? It kind of looks a bit too much on the 696 in that photo, perhaps a side view would change that. Also, are all those fenders available now, or are they prototypes or something? I've heard of Motowheels also, is it located in Southern California?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Wow, those pics look awesome! I think I like the diversion fender the best of all of them, however, is the 1098 fender the same as the 848 stock fender? It kind of looks a bit too much on the 696 in that photo, perhaps a side view would change that. Also, are all those fenders available now, or are they prototypes or something? I've heard of Motowheels also, is it located in Southern California?
We are in Sacramento ( Northern Cal).

The 848 is the same as the 1098 fender.

We have all the CF fenders in stock.

I thought the 848/1098 fender was a little too big for the bike as well. We ended up using the diversion fender.
Click the highlighted links above to get to the website.

Register on our website for passwrods to access discounts on most non sale items. Sign up under the log-in box in the Products section.

-M

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering how the brake lines get attached to the new fender once they're removed from the rivet off of the stock fender. Is there a kit or something that can reattach the lines?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Just wondering how the brake lines get attached to the new fender once they're removed from the rivet off of the stock fender. Is there a kit or something that can reattach the lines?
You can attach the lines using the stock mount- but we never do on our project bikes. It stays in place with no problems.

-M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts