Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find an electronic tach (80mm Dia.) to drop into a housing that I've found (Thanks again Kevin) for my 95 900M. Would prefer a white faced unit, but would be happy with almost anything!! I also think I have to stay OLDER vs. newer to avoid ECU problems - probabaly anything from a carbed Ducati may work.
Anyone out there with such a unit??
Thanks in advance.
David

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Done...

Thanks to Kevin AND e-Bay I found the parts ( I hope ) the "tach-up" my Monster...
I learned some interesting factoids which always helps in this process.
David

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monster Tachometers

1st - I thought that to keep things as original as possible, I wanted to put a "cabled" tach on my 95 900M, I mean it has the geared drive unit in the horizontal head - covered by that little plug/plate - RIGHT?? Well, that was mistake... No GEAR!!
I was all ready to buy a used cabled tach from a guy selling his off HIS 95 monster - and as we both investigated - we concluded His bike must have 900SS heads (+ some other 95 performance mods) as that was the only series of Ducatis to HAVE Cabled Tachs AND the gear in the head to run it...
There was a Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber DashBoard available for the Monsters but I have also learned that these were ALL electronic Tachs.
So, hopefully this week I will be trying to install on my Monster, a CF dash WITH an electronic Tach from a late 90s SS - Wish me luck as there will be NO instructions on this set up!!
Best - David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts