Votes: 6 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Considering that it has different body parts than the 796, I don't see why not, even though they share the exact same motor.
It has a Scrambler motor, Not a 796 motor. Its down about 11hp.
I test rode one and couldn't find the left foot controls...My 795 has ducabike rearsets and are where I want them.
Also not a fan of the cable clutch. Speaking with the sales director its not as desired (In Malaysia and Vietnam) as the 795/6 1100 models. Its a replacement to the 696 entry level.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering that it has different body parts than the 796, I don't see why not, even though they share the exact same motor.
That's what I'm talking about - a sub forum would be a place to identify what fits and what doesn't, since fitment is not the same as previous models.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It has a Scrambler motor, Not a 796 motor. Its down about 11hp.
I test rode one and couldn't find the left foot controls...My 795 has ducabike rearsets and are where I want them.
Also not a fan of the cable clutch. Speaking with the sales director its not as desired (In Malaysia and Vietnam) as the 795/6 1100 models. Its a replacement to the 696 entry level.
Same mounting points, displacement, and aside from the engine covers, it looks exactly the same. I'd say it's the same motor just tuned down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would love more on the 797 just bought my first Monster and always want to know more. I have a BMW 1200GT and use the forums a lot to learn and get answers to questions. I am +1 for it being offered

1 - 11 of 11 Posts