Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since none of the dealers in my area actully have a 796 to look at, I'll ask you guys. Reading the factory provided info on the bike they talk about the new seating position and raised bars.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the stock 796 seat is basically just the same Touring / comfort seat that can be ordered from DP?

Same with the bars, are they just the raised bars that DP sells for the 696 /1100?

Also they mention new passenger grab handles that will fit all 3 of the new monsters, has anyone seen these yet?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Hi TonyDiv,
The 796 seat is definitely not the same as the comfort seat. It's probably closer to the low seat in height, but with a patterned portion where your butt goes, and red contrast stitching. It's covered with the same sort of material that the stock seats have. Not the velour type material of the low seat.

I actually have one on order to replace my stock 1100S seat since it's the most nut-crushing seat I've ever sat on :).

Not sure about the bars/grab handles though. I sat on the 796 but didn't ride it so I can't really comment on the complete seating /bar positioning. I definitely know that the seat is lower though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As before, the seat is a new design which has a flat spot for your bottom so that you don't slide forward so much as on the 696/1100, it is more rounded looking at the edges and has red stiching. The bar risers are 20mm higher than 696/1100, I don't know if they are specially made for the 796 or if they are the DP aftermarket ones. What I can say is they keep you in a more upright position, the 696/1100 bars are more aggressive and actually make you turn slightly quicker, but the 796 is no slouch. As for the grab handles, you have to order them as an extra, there are however cut-outs under the seat for a passanger to put there fingers in for some grip, but I guess proper handles would be better.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Also they mention new passenger grab handles that will fit all 3 of the new monsters, has anyone seen these yet?
Yep, got mine yesterday and installed them. Three install points on the bike, two where the exhaust connects with the frame (taking out the spacer) and one further up on the frame. They tend to stick out a bit, but fit very nicely with the flow of the bike - i.e. do not detract from the lines.

Pics in this thread http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/198671-monster-passenger-grab-bars.html and on my blog http://www.ducatimonster796.blogspot.com/.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
Welcome to Ducati. I'm new as well, but people on here have a wealth of knowledge. :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Uuu,

Where did you order the grab handles from?

Thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts