Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in process of swapping the engine from a monster 750i to a 1000ds engine ( from a multistrada )
The only modification in the cabling has being the dual output coils taken from the multi.
All the other cabling and ECU is 750i.
The issue is that it doesnt start :(
Have tried with the multistrada and monster injectors and nothing. I have got good spark and the injectors working, but I suppose those engines have different timing phases.

Does anybody know something about this ?

Best regards,
Jose Carlos

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Are you sure you've got the wires to the coils hooked up correctly, IE front cylinder wires from the ECU to the front coils?

Same for the injectors... although in my experience it will run if they're switched, just not real well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speeddog said:
Are you sure you've got the wires to the coils hooked up correctly, IE front cylinder wires from the ECU to the front coils?

Same for the injectors... although in my experience it will run if they're switched, just not real well.
Have tried even switching the coils, the injectors, and all switched at the same time ... and nothing :(

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Perhaps an ignition trigger issue, 750 'ECU' may not be able to sense the DS trigger signal?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Wow, it sounds quite ambitous.

Are you trying to use the 750 ECU? Check if the spark comes at about top dead center of the cylinder it's in. If so it should fire and run (badly). You will need a power commander or similar to get it running well I think.
If the DS trigger is out of phase compared to the 750 trigger you will not get it to work. Have a look at the pickup point on the the DS engine and compare it to the 750. Will they pulse at the same moment?
You could consider using a hombrew ecu like the myECU
http://www.jefferies-au.org/MyECU/index.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts