1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Said Elsewhere to me:

620mblack/Ti avenger said:
NOW GET BACK TO WORK ON THE BIG BORE PISTONS :mad: [cheeky]
We just got in our exclusive Mahle racing pistons for 750 and 800 engines. They're each 91mm for a 3mm overbore on either engine. They would be the same, only the pin to deck height are different between 750 and 800. 748 becomes 800cc and 803 becomes 859cc. These are one step down from F1 technology, since Mahle didn't have a "box in box" forging my racing technical rep could scam off of and I'm not paying for them to make one. ;)

These pistons have all the world class features as our box-in-box 95mm/966 pistons: deburred, phosphate washed, moly impregnated skirt, slipper skirt design, oil holes, short wrist pins, all that. The rings are "total seal" as used by Nascar/F1/etc and the pins are from Precision Products. I'm waiting for the propaganda from my rep to put the parts in our catalog. He's got professional shadow box pics and the full spec sheet.

These sets are $499, while the box-in-box 966 set are $599.

Thanks,
Chris

G

·
>:D alrighty, I've been waiting for these!! Whats the compression going to be on these bad boys?

Stuart, Now I can fix my base gasket leak and feel good about it.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Holy sweet,

I will be ordering those from you if I can pull myself of this financial and legal mess. (and if I still have the monster in the end.)

Q

:mad:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sweet! I was just going to buy some FBF Hi Comp slugs!! Saved by indecision!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
way to send ideas racing through my head.

now ... will 800 heads bolt onto a 750 engine? >:D a boost in CCs with higher compression and larger valves would make for a good project.

G

·
Duck-Stew said:
Lessee... I have two sets of 750 barrels at the shop doing nothing right now.... One set of 620 barrels doing nothing right now.....
Dibbs on the 750 barrels >:D ,

you knew that Stuart!!! ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
I got the other set!!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the interest, folks!! ;D It's good to see it given the $$$ we've shelled out for this project.

620mblack/Ti avenger said:
so if I have a 620 motor with 750 ie sleeves, which pistons do I use!!!!
Not sure. We'd need a measurement of pin to deck height. Since the 620 shares the stroke of the 750, it's possible you'd use 750 pistons, though they'd prolly require 750 barrels. ??? We're kinda in new territory for me, as I've never played with the "little" motors before. Bruce Meyers and Brad Black each have forgotten more knowledge about the little bikes than I know... ;D

needtorque said:
Can the stock cylinders be bored 3mm or will these require sleeves? If they can be bored and replated how much will that cost? Are there head gaskets available for the larger bore?
I believe the cost for Millenium to do the work is ~$400/pair. Honestly, I really can't remember. I'd need to look in my accounting software (at the shop).

There are no head gaskets, so yeah, no worries there! BUT... we may find out that special base gaskets will need to be made. When we have Mahle do our pistons, you need to check squish, as it's a true 11.2:1, not a "drop in" type of piston, where there's .050 or more of squish (which is simply ineffecient and doesn't really deter detonation). So if that goes down, I'll order up a 750/800 base gasket and send that to cometic to have shims/gaskets made up. They can do about any thickness. I've got them from .005" to .020" for the 900/966 we do.

;D Chris

·
Registered
783 Posts
So are the pistons forged or cast?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts