Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp... I only got 3 laps at Laguna, and in a light drizzle... but... Here's what I took away from it:

-Wheel spacer orientation is important
-Quickshifter needs to be properly adjusted
-Fuel injection mapping can come out poorly

I putted around for a couple laps, teetering into corners both because I was taking it easy, and because the bike was surging at constant mid-throttle. When I did get the bike pointed straight up and down a couple times, I was able to whack it WOT. Wow!!! What a difference from the old bike. I ran the same rear sprocket as on my old bike, but moved up to a 15t front sprocket. Even with that, the bike pulled HARD and easily from way down in the powerband all the way up. I only revved it up at 11k rpms once, but it'll climb even higher!

Can't wait to get things sorted out.

A *big* thanks to Yuan, Michael Moore, and Datv for the assistance while I scrambled about putting a chain and sprocket on, while I tried to figure out why my wheel was binding, and why my bike wouldn't start.

Tigre

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes... there are a couple of photos. We'll be sure to have them up as soon as Dito gets them on his site. ;D Our boy Tigre was looking as ferocious as eva'!

I wish I had taken some from the morning sessions. Although I could just find the ones from two years ago at Laguna and they would be identical.

working on his new ducati in the pits - time to go Japanese!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Tigre said:
A *big* thanks to Yuan, Michael Moore, and Datv for the assistance while I scrambled about putting a chain and sprocket on, while I tried to figure out why my wheel was binding, and why my bike wouldn't start.
well good to see somethings never change. And i thought you were going to have a good year no working on the bike, and getting to hangout and enjoy races and trackdays. :p

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will. I'm just getting it out of my system now.

For what it's worth, it's easier to work on the plates in the slipper clutch on the R (easier pressure plate removal)...

DanTheMan said:
well good to see somethings never change. And i thought you were going to have a good year no working on the bike, and getting to hangout and enjoy races and trackdays. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts