Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

How do the Termis sound with the DB killers left in? I like just a little more growl, and I'm wondering if the open cans get tiresome on a longer ride.

Thanks in advance for your comments!:)

Best regards,

Roger

·
Registered
232 Posts
I dont have termi's but when I have the baffles out of my exhaust it's about 3 times as loud.... It does get annoying on longer rides, but that is what ear plugs or an Ipod is for

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have termis (slip ons) and ride without baffles. yes it's loud, but no louder than the average harley, but way better sounding. i wear ear plugs and am utterly addicted to the sound. i'm mindful of my neighbours, though when i start her up and never give her any gas until i actually pull away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The DB killers work very well in the Termis. I think it sounds as quiet as the stock exhaust. The only thing is that the DB killers that came with my exhaust did not fit properly and I had to file both of them. For what I spent, you'd expect more precision. The Termis are loud and make the bike complete in my opinion. Rode with a guy on a Kawi ZX-11 and he couldn't stop complementing me on the Monster's sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had the Termis on my 696 w/o db killers and I think the bike sounds beautiful. However, I too wear disposable earplugs when I ride. The guys at my shop recommended that I leave them out and if I was dis-satisfied they would install them. I certainly haven't regretted their recommendation and love the way the bike sounds when cruising or when wide open.

·
Registered
197 Posts
there is of course the massive weight saving by riding without baffles :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
The baffles are heavy junk metal, and fit like crap. I'm pretty sure they don't figure many people will use them, and they're almost an after-thought.

I've always ridden with earplugs anyway. I have an M1100 and the wind noise is still louder than the pipes.

They have a glorious growl... makes a Monster sound like it should. With the DB killers they sound exactly like stock. Why spend well over $1000 for that???

·
Registered
197 Posts
once you've sampled a monster with termis without baffles on overrun in a tunnel, you'll never want to put them in again :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nutty,
Q: to you about the DP Steering Damper; how effective is it for a bike used primarily as a daily driver and weekend touring?
Granted, I often ride like I stole it, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi DucaChic,

i wouldn't ride without it now unless i had to. a massive improvement on stability. on more leisurely rides i turn it down a bit to make turn-in and slow speed town/city riding a bit easier. just 2 or 3 clicks from standard setting makes a big difference.

most miles i've put on the bike in a 4-day getaway was 645. i did have the touring seat, though. my wife has the 696 and actually prefers the standard seat and had no complaints (apart from sore wrists) on the same journey.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My Db killers fit perfectly. I actually like the bike with the Db killer installed. Without the Db killers the bike is loud, especially at lower speeds. Seems to me like the faster that you go the less annoying the loud exhaust note is without the killers. Guess it's just personal choice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't think the bike is too loud without the baffles. You just have to be mindful of where you use full throttle. It's nowhere near as loud as a Harley with straight pipes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't think the bike is too loud without the baffles. You just have to be mindful of where you use full throttle. It's nowhere near as loud as a Harley with straight pipes.
i'm mindfull of my neighbours when we set off on an early morning ride. besides, most drivers in D.C. are too busy talking on their cell 'phones or texting to worry about my termis.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MILES vs KILOMETERS

Hi fellows,
I had a new Termi kit recently installed on my 696; ECU, air filter and silencers. The extra power is noticeable! great sound! Just one thing, the display shows the speed and the ODO in kilometers. I will appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The kit also required a new fuel computer, so power had to be secured to the engine. Simply go to the front of the owner's manual and it tells you how to toggle the system between metric and english. If you can't figure it out, just take it back to whomever did the installation and have them reset the display.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi fellows,
I had a new Termi kit recently installed on my 696; ECU, air filter and silencers. The extra power is noticeable! great sound! Just one thing, the display shows the speed and the ODO in kilometers. I will appreciate your feedback.
Hold the display toggle switch up while you turn on the ignition, scroll to the display setting (same way you set the clock, for example) and change it to whatever language you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can any one tell me how to remove the db killers? I see a small hex nut, which is hard to get a wrench around. If I take the nut off, do they slip out?
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can any one tell me how to remove the db killers? I see a small hex nut, which is hard to get a wrench around. If I take the nut off, do they slip out?
Thanks
Remove the screw from the bottom of the can with a hex key, I can't remember what size.

After you remove the screw they don't "slip" out very easily. I used a pair of pliers to gently tug them out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts