Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I mounted it up & I kinda like it prolly needs a carbon fiber mud guard to set it off...I hope my GF likes it (it's her bike & shes out of town:eek:) Anyway fire away on thoughts thumbs up ? Thumbs down ? Sorry about the small pic but I can not figure out how to up load a bigger one.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a cover I had an extra swing arm and I polished it. The polish came out great. I was afraid that Ducati puts a real rough finish on these swing arms because there castings aren't very good but that isn't the case there wasn't a pit or defect under the black finish. I'm just not 100% sure of the look. What's your thoughts ?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks are subjective, but since you're asking for opinions I'm not a fan. I admire you for trying a new approach, its just my personal taste is for a bike to look more cohesive and blend together, not look like its cobbled together with various styles/colors/materials.

But the only opinion that matters is your girls :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
What is the exhaust cans that you have on her bike? I like those way better then my stock cans... any info would be great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the only opinion that matters is your girls [/QUOTE]

You got that right ! :D

I was going for sort of a tribute to the 250 GP bikes since they killed that class this year. If you haven't seen some of those factory polished alum swing arms on those 2 strokes you should check em out. Also the Aprilia 07 Tuono used a beautiful polished swing arm with red & white paint & blue wheels talk about a lot going on but the bike looks sweet. Anyway thanks for your 2 cents

The cans are Leo Vince I like the shape much better than the Ducati cone shape.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I think it's got potential, and I like you're doing something different.

I like how these parts go together, but have you given any though to seeing if you can polish these?

Then you could get the silver see through belt covers. Hey as long as you're doing the work I've got ideas all day long. lol jk Ohh, I forgot to mention you're going to need a helmet that's polished to go with it. Hey spending other peoples time and money is fun, I'm starting to understand my wife more :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts