145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 4

Step 5

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I picked up my anodized exhaust covers. They are a type III anodize so it is basically a hardness on the Rockwell scale. Here are the pics.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also now have a spare set of cored exhaust for sale. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know! It melts if you set freshly welded pipes on it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice.. do you have any sound clips you could post up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
dang that sounds good!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We did not have to change the map due to the fact that the exhaust outlet and cats are maintained. Also since the Siemens fuel injection utilizes two lamba sensors, it can compensate if one cylinder needs adjustment. I was happy to see Ducati go this route on the 696. The unit will also re-tune itself over time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 M1100 on order which should be arriving in about 4 weeks.Can somebody tell me the manufacture of some good qaulity aftermarket front foot rests for my my bike as I hate the look of the stock items. Bearing in mind I a, in australia so my resouces are limited here an will have to buy on line and get them sent to me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you remove the entire baffle? I am curious to hear the result but the video is no longer available.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the excellent tutorial, RyanRacer. My 1100 is going to have a similar operation this winter thanks to you.

Pitufo32 - thanks also for chiming in on not having to cut. That saves me some cash at the welder.

Question - what is holding the aluminum outer sleeves in place? And how do you refit them after removing the baffles - do you just jam them back on and hammer?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts