Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a lover of the 696 design and the lines are great but the pod sticking up (and the handlebars) bugged the heck out of me. So I did something about it. I used the Speedymoto tallboy clip-ons and top triple clamp, which gave me room to relocate the pod. I've ridden this way for a week now (36miles on the freeway each way) and it rocks! In fact, I'd say the airflow is actually better now, and I find no problem with the lowered bars, but I do spend 45-60min a day flat on the tank). Let me know what you think. I'm hoping to chop off the 'antlers' this week.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice Work Man! I really like this a alot!!!!!!! That is how this bike should have looked in the first place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like what you did. I hate the pod too. I wanted to get something analog/digital from Koso, but the pod is integrated with the ECU and the bike won't run without. I wonder if someone will come out with a solution to that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the complements all. I just picked the bike up from the shop (new tires) and the guys got their first glimpse of the pod remount. Everybody loves how it cleans up the front and profile lines. Tonight I just (an hour ago) chopped off the mounting posts, so this mod is PERMANENT! I'll get some pictures up after I do some more touch up. Venom51 posted the link for the blinks, but here it is again:
http://www.customdynamics.com/wrap_around_LED_fork_clamps.htm
BTW, I ordered the 56mm but check yours before you order. Also, because it's LED it flashes fast but I like it. If you don't, I believe there are several resisters (or such) that will tone it down.
Also - waiting on my Quad D ExBox exhaust. Gotta send it for black ceramic coating before install so I imaging it will be a while.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a '09 696+ and i went to take the windscreen off, because I like the look withouth it, but when I took it off all of the wires were exposed. Is there a cover made for this? I've only seen the DP carbon ones but I was wondering if the cover was supposed to be stock, or do I need to order one...and where do I get one. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a '09 696+ and i went to take the windscreen off, because I like the look withouth it, but when I took it off all of the wires were exposed. Is there a cover made for this? I've only seen the DP carbon ones but I was wondering if the cover was supposed to be stock, or do I need to order one...and where do I get one. Thanks
My 09 696 came with a cover for the pod when the windscreen is removed. If you didn't get it (I purchased mine new from the dealer), I recommend you contact a dealer about the part.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I got mine it came with the windshield, which is an option (didn't realize that til after I got it). It also came with a 'cap' that fits on the front of the instrument cluster and covers up the wires. I actually just cut mine up to fit in the gap between the headlight and the new pod location. Hope to post pictures of that tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pod Screws

When I got mine it came with the windshield, which is an option (didn't realize that til after I got it). It also came with a 'cap' that fits on the front of the instrument cluster and covers up the wires. I actually just cut mine up to fit in the gap between the headlight and the new pod location. Hope to post pictures of that tomorrow.
I just had the dealer send me the pod cover because I too would like to remove the windscreen, problem is he didn't send the screws to hold it in place. Does anyone have any idea what size and length screws I need? Unfortunately I do not have a hardware store nearby either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just had the dealer send me the pod cover because I too would like to remove the windscreen, problem is he didn't send the screws to hold it in place. Does anyone have any idea what size and length screws I need? Unfortunately I do not have a hardware store nearby either.
I would take the pod off and carry with you to wherever you are going to try to get screws for it.

I would say the length is only about 6 or 8mm.

Again, take the pod with you and test. But, don't lose your pod. $$$$$

·
Registered
37 Posts
Way to revive ancient thread, replugged. :p

Although, I am curious as well if this guy is still around and can post up a picture of the mounts to give something for others to go on. I want to do this project soon as well, and I just so happen to have a speedymoto triple on its way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts