Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my monster last summer and the headlight always seemed shaky but the dealer told me that it was normal. I bought a new set of turn signals to put up front and while removing the headlight i noticed that one of the rubber grommets that the headlight sits in is missing. It is the one on the top that the light slides down in. Can anyone tell me what to properly call this part and/or where i might acquire one. I dont really want to take it to the dealer at the moment. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I lost one when I was putting new bulbs in the headlight. I just talked to the parts department at the dealership and they were able to look it up and order new pieces. Came with 2 of them for like 4 dollars. Sorry I don't have the part number in front of me though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've found that if you aren't very, very careful when putting the headlight back on, those grommets will pop out with the slightest touch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think thats how I lost my first one, it wasn't in all the way. Then I noticed after I replaced it with a new one it popped out again, luckily it was caught in some brake lines and I didn't loose it. Make sure that "damper pad" is in their completely and securely otherwise it will pop out.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A bit of weatherstrip adhesive around the outside edge of the grommet will keep it in place.
Wish I would have thought of that the FIRST time I took the headlight off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.