Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just come back from thrashing my 696 to an inch of its life and it seemed to love it. Popped a quick wheelie in first and kept it till the rev limiter (oops!) Love the bike so far and after 1200 miles I'm now begining to understand the seating position (apart from the pain in my hands). Everybody comments on its looks even parked next to my mates 675 (which I test rode the other night(really nice)). Just a quick question: Whats the reliability like? Has anybody got high fast riding miles on theirs? mines got 3500 miles on the clock and starts first time everytime and sounds sweet as.

Cheers

Numcal

·
Registered
193 Posts
just turned 5500 miles on my 09 696. The only issues being some minor oil leaks on the rocker covers that the dealer took care of at no cost of course. bullitproof

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying your monster...I'm addicted to mine.

reliability seems good on these things, I was curious to see who has the highest mileage m696. I've had mine just over 3 months and she just turned 10,000kms. I'm going to try and bust 25k before the end of the season. This monster takes me everywhere, what a pleasure to ride and own. Gotta go tuck the monster in for the night.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I'm going to try and bust 25k before the end of the season.
I don't think I'd ride if I lived in Ontario. The combination of lousy weather, short season and being raped by insurance companies would be too much for me. You deserve a medal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pain in hands-Monster 696

Hi,

Just come back from thrashing my 696 to an inch of its life and it seemed to love it. Popped a quick wheelie in first and kept it till the rev limiter (oops!) Love the bike so far and after 1200 miles I'm now begining to understand the seating position (apart from the pain in my hands). Everybody comments on its looks even parked next to my mates 675 (which I test rode the other night(really nice)). Just a quick question: Whats the reliability like? Has anybody got high fast riding miles on theirs? mines got 3500 miles on the clock and starts first time everytime and sounds sweet as.

Cheers

Numcal
Get the risers from Jese Racing on eBay and the Duc touring seat from your dealer. Your wrist and bum will absolutely thank you!

Glad you're enjoying the lil' Monster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts