Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to share and possibly get some info on the various belly pan alternatives for these bikes.

Here are the ones I've found so far:
- A plastic cover-all by Barracuda designs in Italy. Here are some pics of it mounted. I think it probably is high quality but IMO it is a bit too big.
- Belissimoto makes one in carbon fiber. It looks all right, but I don't like the mounting solution.
- Here is a larger one that I think looks somewhat stupid and IMO defeats the purpose as it doesn't hide the pipe. Manufacturer unknown.
- European Puig makes one too. Looks a bit funky, but probably decent build quality.
- Last one I've found, and probably the one I like the most, is this carbon fiber version from RaceCon in Sydney. I contacted him and he said it will likely fit the 1100/696, but a somewhat custom mounting solution is needed. I'm pretty sure this is the belly pan in this pic. Mounting it may be a challenge though.

What do you guys think about these? Anyone have any experience with these? Everyone has their opinion as to whether one should put a belly pan on a naked bike or not, but I just think the new Monsters would look better with that lower pipe bend hidden. I plan on getting one that I'll paint body-color, which I think would complete the look.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
the racecon one is sometimes referred to as a 'Monza' belly pan.
'somewhat custom mounting' in this case would be completely custom.
the motors are totally different. you probably could make it work (as shown in the pic), but you will be making brackets

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the racecon one is sometimes referred to as a 'Monza' belly pan.
'somewhat custom mounting' in this case would be completely custom.
the motors are totally different. you probably could make it work (as shown in the pic), but you will be making brackets

jeff h
monsterparts.com
Thanks. Yeah that makes sense, and probably makes it a bit too ambitious for me. I'll ask my local shop what they think about mounting solutions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have installed the bellypan of Barracuda, it looks good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ed - do you have pics?
Didn't take pics, swapped my 696+ for a 796, got my new monster yesterday. And I am gonna repaint the barracuda belly pan, 696 = black mat and 796 = black silk. Huge difference, but when I install it on my 796 I'll post some pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts