Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I would like some input from people who have bought the new 695. What are your impressions? Especially if you have owned or ridden the 620. Is there much difference? Thanks 8)

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I very recently bought a 695 for my first bike. No regrets. Comfortable position, good power for a newbie like me (still breaking it in), great sound, great handling, great looks. The high oil temps sort of concerned me, but maybe those concerns are unfounded and they do seem to be coming down a bit as I get some more miles on her. When I consider adding an oil cooler and front fairing the cost is quickly approaching the S2R, so that might be something to think about (the $1.5k delta). Two thumbs up on the M695 from me. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

BK

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I love mine. I am approaching 3500 miles and picked it up in September. No real problems other than modding. The S2R 800 is not alot more, but you can't get the black/red combo. I was looking at a 620 and 695, but when I bought mine they would have cost me the exact same amount so it was a no brainer for me. Now you should be able to find some 620s at a discount and it is really up to you. Power wise I can't help you much other than it comes down to the rider more than the bike. The 620 and 695 will keep up with the bigger bikes if you can ride the thing. I see 620s out pacing bigger bikes all the time. Me on my 695 am not to that level of riding, but I hope to be there one day.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just hit the search button up top and put in "695" as the subject topic. Youll find plenty of threads on this question.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Got mine in July and put only 950 miles on it so far. It is my first bike and I love it. It doesn't have the top end speed that my buddies 600 RR or 600 F4i have but I smoke 'em in the twisties.

It gets looks everywhere I go and it sounds great.

I highly recommend it.

G

·
Bought a 695 September 1. Love it. Did Not ride a 620. Everyone (including my wife (gott to love that girl) told me to buy the 695 over the 620, and it was a good decision ;). Reasons I bought the 695 over the 620, as the 695 has more power and torque, a smoother power band, and even though the dealer was discounting 620s, the 695 isa 2007, were the 620 is a 2006, so the 620s are one year old at this point. So if and when I ever resell it, my resale value will be higher. Also, the 695 is Ducati's future, were the 620 is thier past, and the extra hp is worth the difference in price i.e. for the price difference, I could not have bought a 620 and hopped it up to get the power of the 695 for the price diffeence between the two bikes.

My recomenadation is that if your buying new, buy the 695.

If your buying used, thats another story.

BTW: Before you buy a 800 or 1000, take a look at the future insuarnce rates. I have been told that Progressive is reclasifing the 800 and up into a higher catigory, and it is going to make insuring those bikes much more expensive. Also, I have been told that the other insurance componies will follow progressives lead. The M695 is supposedly still a "standard" bike, and will not be reclassified.

As I am "Middle Age" (42, and been riding since I was 11), full insuarnce on my new 695 is $280.oo a year, with my MSF discount, no accidents or speeding tickets, married, with Geico.

Brian F.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
M695 Army Man said:
The M695 is supposedly still a "standard" bike, and will not be reclassified.
Here in NJ I couldnt find any insurance company that thought my 695 was a standard. They all ranked it a sport bike. Im paying 1g/yr for it. Thats more I pay for full coverage on my leased Audi.

Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.