Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Ive got a monster 695, set of carbon hi level sils and thats all as far as the mods go for now and im getting just over 135mph on a straight max.

What you guys getting?

I have some extras arriving this week, carbon fly screen, carbon seat cowl and carbon bellypan/lower cowl. Hopefuly will help the bike at high speed, certainly help a little from my head getting ripped off by the wind anyways.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats strange, how many miles you got on yours?
Mines about 2300miles now i think. Mine will go up to 120 very easy, on to 130 at a slight tuck, 135 tucking in, and a little more if you really tuck in and hold on with a lucky wind and a long road. (still talking about a straight road here)

I feel like if i had a small front screen I could get in behind it and sqeeze a few more out of it maybe.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
RaGzMaN said:
Thats strange... Mine will go up to 120 very easy, on to 130 at a slight tuck, 135 tucking in, and a little more if you really tuck in and hold on with a lucky wind and a long road.
Yeah, compared to the magazine reviews, mine's the same as yours. My rev limiter cuts in at about 9300 on the tach and I can get 140+ indicated which I'm guessing is close to 130 actual.

No timings (not going to mess with my wrist watch at that speed) and I'm not warranting the speedo error.

Tommy T.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
11ty billion mph!

w/17 tooth front and 22 tooth rear sprockets... kind of a pain in city traffic though... lots of clutch. >:D

Good lord... here we go with another Monster top speed thread... :-X

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I've had mine up to 140-ish indicated, but the stock speedo is very optimistic IMO.

I put a cycling computer on my bike and it's calibrated 100% accurate, did a roll out and everything, but I haven't had the chance to test the "Max speed" option yet.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
A small portable GPS like the Garmin Gecko has a top speed option, very accurate and safe to use on the bike. Just put it in your pocket.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Then a 695 ought to be capable of at least 200mph, if you tuck and put your feet on the passenger pegs. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
opwierde said:
A small portable GPS like the Garmin Gecko has a top speed option, very accurate and safe to use on the bike. Just put it in your pocket.
I'd love to have a gps but the problem with them all is that none of them are Mac compatible!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
goldenchild said:
I'd love to have a gps but the problem with them all is that none of them are Mac compatible!
So buy a new computer, it is cheaper than half of the mods for a Monster anyways.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
goldenchild said:
Parallels (or bootcamp)

<seriously off-topic>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts