Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I don't know if this counts, but my wife and I raised the bars on her 620. We used the Gen-Mar risers...She doesn't particularly care for the way it looks (only because it's not perfect), but she likes the comfort. We also put the alum M900 bars on and that raised it further and kicked them back a little towards the rider a bit (She's 5'1" so the stretch was an issue)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I had Ducati Monster "City" bars put on my 620. I didn't want to look at risers and needed to replace the bars anyway. They're about 1 1/2" higher and appear "correct" for the bike since they were designed for a "City" version of the Monster a few years back. For my middle-aged back they're a blessing. I wouldn't want them on the track or for very aggressive street riding, but I don't do either of those anyway. Check it out at your dealer.

·
Registered
559 Posts
certainly not the best looking modification you can make to your bike, but if you ride frequently and suffer from sore arms and back, this small change of riding position will be very beneficial.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently made a pair for my 695 in the shop, painted them black and threw them on the bike - I am very happy with the extra inch (um, er...let me word that diifferently, ahem). I will tour a bit this summer and I think my back will thank me. The best part of adding risers is that you can then adjust your steering limit screws and then the bike will turn almost as tightly as most other brands of motorcycles. I still find the riding position sporty and does not seem to hurt handling at all...cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tornado-rider said:
I don't know if this counts, but my wife and I raised the bars on her 620. We used the Gen-Mar risers...She doesn't particularly care for the way it looks (only because it's not perfect), but she likes the comfort. We also put the alum M900 bars on and that raised it further and kicked them back a little towards the rider a bit (She's 5'1" so the stretch was an issue)
My wife is interested in the 695, but she's 5'2" -- this and the Blast are the only bikes low enough for her to get a decent foothold on the ground. She liked the ride, but was leaned over way too far. The Gen-Mars were suggested. I was wondering how much of a reach your wife has now with the new bars.

Wouldn't have a pic of how the bike looks, would'ya?

·
Registered
1 Posts
old topic but looking for help. I own monster 695 and want to swap a handlebar to get better high driving position (back pain after half an hour of driving/). My old handlebar was bended during transportation... Thank for any advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts