Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the MSF ERC through the Army yesterday to be able to bring my bike on post. I gotta tell ya', I was at a bit of a disadvantage on the Monster. There was a lot of slow speed stuff in there and the limited friction zone of the clutch was a hinderance. Also, there were some things you had to do in 2nd gear (e.g, curves and quick stop) or have points deducted. As you can imagine with the limited course area, there was a lot of chugging going on---even with my 14t front sproket! Anyway I passed and even got a token for being "most improved" for the day.

A few interesting things:

1. The guy with the most modified sportbike seemed to be one of the most unskilled.
2. Although we were all supposedly experienced riders, there were folks there that had trouble handling their 100hp sportbikes. There was 1 guy we all had concerns about!
3. You can actually smoke while riding. Saw a couple of classmates and 1 instrutor do this.
3. Even though there were several new, modified sportbikes, my lowly monster was the only one that got any compliments. All three instructors at some point stopped me and commented on my bike. In fact, at the beginning of class, the lead instructor asked who owned the ducati. I said I did and he replied--That's the only real motorcycle out here. I bet that ruffled a few feathers if not egos!

One question: Does the course usually take the whole day? I was out there from 7:30 to 5:30. The content seemed to be pretty limited. I thought may be it could be done in four hours or so.

·
Registered
320 Posts
island_duc said:
I said I did and he replied--That's the only real motorcycle out here. I bet that ruffled a few feathers if not egos!
Doesn't that make you feel like you made a great choice in bikes? I feel that way everytime I look at mine.

Erik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts